Talk

Advanced search

to tell a friend on FB he is a racist twat due to his current status update?

(21 Posts)
DrNortherner Mon 29-Nov-10 19:11:33

Am seething, however, he is a work colleague of dh's who I happen to know.

Dh is not home at the moment and I think he would tell me to ignore but I am in shock

WWYD?

Numberfour Mon 29-Nov-10 19:12:59

Ignore it. And "unfriend" him.

Hawkmoth Mon 29-Nov-10 19:13:16

What I DID last week when I got a racist msg from someone was reply "never send me anything like that again" the removed and blocked. Twat doesn't come close.

eviscerateyourmemory Mon 29-Nov-10 19:14:22

Just remove him.

LoopyLoops Mon 29-Nov-10 19:14:35

Post seething yet intelligent response, then de-friend.

I've done that to a lot of these. One good friend I posted a gentler response but made it clear what I thought. She deleted it and apologised.

DrNortherner Mon 29-Nov-10 19:20:34

No one else has commented yet.....am thinking up intelligent response.

begonyabampot Mon 29-Nov-10 19:24:00

jeez, I must have really dull, boring FB friends. I've never seen anything from anyone that has raised an eyebrow. I'd just ignore and defriend so that your Dh isn't dragged in to it.

BigHairyGruffalo Mon 29-Nov-10 19:26:59

It depends on the status. What did it say?

DrNortherner Mon 29-Nov-10 19:27:53

Something about Paki's moving in next door, and throwing stones at them........

LoopyLoops Mon 29-Nov-10 19:28:24

Tell us what it is and we'll help.

TheGhostOfDrRumack Mon 29-Nov-10 19:28:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoopyLoops Mon 29-Nov-10 19:28:46

OMG report to the police.

DrNortherner Mon 29-Nov-10 19:32:32

No need to report to Police, I know he would not really throw stones at them.....but it is a hideous update none the less.

I have made my comment.

EauRouge Mon 29-Nov-10 19:38:56

You could report him to the FB police though, just click the cross in the top right hand corner of the status update and go down to 'report abuse'. What did you say?

cath476 Mon 29-Nov-10 19:39:45

A friend of mine put on her status
"Please delete me from your friends list if you think it's ok to post racist statements on your status. Please also delete me if you decide to 'like' these kinds of comments."

LoopyLoops Mon 29-Nov-10 19:40:23

It's still illegal to incite racial hatred, regardless of his intentions to throw stones. Posting that kind of thing on a public site is surely that?

Please de-friend him. He sounds like a twat.

MistyMooBags Tue 30-Nov-10 14:06:33

Will be borrowing that one, cath476

FindingMyMojo Tue 30-Nov-10 14:43:31

oh if's it's a rasict comment I'd def call him on it (before possibly defriending him too)!!!

Add a comment, calling it what it is - you'll either shame him or at least get him thinking. Defriending on it's own is just way tooo passive.

DrSeuss Tue 30-Nov-10 19:07:31

Tell him clearly and without resorting to anger or sarcasm why this is totally unacceptable then delete him. If you see him in person, be sure to mention this, preferably in front of others such as his coworers and boss on whose good opinion he relies.

booyhoo Tue 30-Nov-10 19:12:14

agree with finding. call him on the racism. label it as racism, publicly on his wall and tell him you are defriending him because of it.

Adair Tue 30-Nov-10 19:17:45

Is it in character for him? Another poster on another thread has just mentioned that there are some apps putting offensive messages on facebook... I would def ask him what he means by it - he either didn't write it and maybe can't see it. Or he did, and you won't want to be friends with him anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: