Talk

Advanced search

Am I to sensitive?

(10 Posts)
packup Mon 29-Nov-10 17:44:06

Took a birthday prezzie for a mum at school today, there' s a few of us that meet for coffee now and then, and we've always buy each other a little something.

Anyway was stood in the play ground at pickup time talking to some other people, when I spotted her across the yard talking to our other friends and a few other people,I went over to give her her prezzie, I felt like I was butting in the conversation, but I hardly got a hi or a bye from her let along anything else, as I walked back to my little ones pram I had a horrible thought I should of grabbed it out her hand and told her to forget it.

Feeling really upset I put a lot of thought into her gift and I didn't even get a minutes conversation from her .

Am I being silly?

marriednotdead Mon 29-Nov-10 17:48:57

No, she sounds as if she was more than a bit rude tbh.

Unless she catches up with you in the next day or so to thank you properly and/or apologise, it's time to step back.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of sensitivity by the way, much better than the alternative you've been shown.

ladyfirenze Mon 29-Nov-10 17:49:36

is it possible that she was in crisis somehow? or the person/s she was in the conversation with? wait a while and she may just get back to you to thank you properly for the gift. If not then, unless you've wronged her in some way, she's a cock of the highest order wink

spidookly Mon 29-Nov-10 17:51:07

It's hard to say. Maybe you did butt into a conversation e.g. about someone's father dying or something, and it was just a bit awkward and she was caught unawares.

Just wait to see what happens next. It may be nothing, it may be something.

flingingflangin Mon 29-Nov-10 17:54:27

YANBU but what was your motivation for giving her the gift publicly iykwim? Perhaps she was embarrassed? We give gifts often to get praise and if this isn't forthcoming it make you feel a bit shit. Perhaps your normal meeting time would have been more appropriate.

packup Mon 29-Nov-10 17:58:22

We would normally of met up today, but we've had really bad snow here today. I wasn't the only one to give her a gift in the playground,so did are other friends, no motivation at all only to give the gift on her actual birhtday.

flingingflangin Mon 29-Nov-10 18:17:23

Aw well sorry to hear that. Has she text or called to say thank you?

packup Mon 29-Nov-10 19:12:46

No

flingingflangin Mon 29-Nov-10 19:59:26

Well cut your loses. That's just frigging rude!

cupcakebakerer Mon 29-Nov-10 20:19:32

I find that even in my late 20s women can still act like pathetic teenagers sometimes. Yes, you might have interupted a conversation but you didn't do it on purpose!! And you took a gift! I would have gone out of my way to say thank you regardless - or at the very very least text to explain immediately afterwards. Get rid if a thank you is not forthcoming.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: