Talk

Advanced search

to be so annoyed with this man?

(21 Posts)
disappearhere Mon 29-Nov-10 10:02:09

Obviously, the snow is very thick here. This is always a particular worry of mine as I have serious mobility issues. DH and I went for a gorgeous walk, with him holding on to me. For the first time in years, I really wasn't 'intimated' by the bad weather and we had a lovely afternoon. On the way back, we were walking down our own street. The thick, soft snow stopped at a neighbour's gate and he had (I guess the previous day) cleared the pavement outside his house. The path looked clear but was actually black ice and I went flying. I'm fine other than cuts and bruises. Anyway, DH helped me up and we stepped into the thick snow instead as the cleared path was lengthy and obviously slippery.

I didn't realize that the owner was walking behind me. He didn't ask 'are you ok?' Instead he said loudly but to himself: 'bloody cheek walking on the road when I spent so much time clearing the path'.

I turned around and said 'Maybe you didn't notice, I just fell on the path. It was good of you to clear it but it turned to black ice. The thick snow is just safer for me to walk on. I have a bad leg anyway, so I have to be a bit more wary in the snow'. And he BURST OUT LAUGHING!

I just walked away and exclaimed 'so rude!' as I went. DH angry. Tbh, I was in a real amount of pain at that moment and wanted to tell him to bugger off.

AIBU to think this is really horrible? I know he was trying to do the right thing, but I think I was polite and he was a twat.

fedupofnamechanging Mon 29-Nov-10 10:03:44

He was a twat. YANBU

disappearhere Mon 29-Nov-10 10:04:53

Cheers Karma, I'm still hmm today, need to let it go!

irishma Mon 29-Nov-10 10:12:04

As some one who also has mobility issues and also fell last year due to someone clearing the ice and snow with water..effectivly creating a slide..I really dont think YABU..
Do you know this guy..ooh Id go back and shout at this man..

LindyHemming Mon 29-Nov-10 10:13:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

disappearhere Mon 29-Nov-10 11:14:16

Thanks guys, it means a lot!

NeverEatYellowTaintedSnow Mon 29-Nov-10 11:14:49

YANBU and he is a twat. Not only does he not know the first thing about this weather, clearly, but his response to you was horrible.

EauRouge Mon 29-Nov-10 11:28:17

Cat litter will help to stop his front path being slippery and it would be very neighbourly of you to spread some on his door step- try and get some that has been used by a cat with bowel problems.

egopostulosomnus Mon 29-Nov-10 11:31:20

i think i read somewhere that if you clear a path and then someone falls as a result you could be held liable, i would be tempted to find out and post a copy through his door so he knows just how silly he was
www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Law/Question848987.html
i am not suggesting you actually sue, that would be mean, but it might make him think twice about laughing!

disappearhere Mon 29-Nov-10 15:29:08

EauRouge that is hilarious.
Ego, I would definitely consider putting that leaflet through his door, if not suing him!

diddl Mon 29-Nov-10 15:52:11

Oh I´d sue the twat tbh.

Feelingsensitive Mon 29-Nov-10 15:56:34

He sounds charming.

KurriKurri Mon 29-Nov-10 15:57:02

What a horrible, horrible man. You must have been very shaken up, -hope you are feeling a bit better now and not too bruised.

PeachesandStrawberry Mon 29-Nov-10 16:00:29

What a bastard.

BeerTricksPotter Mon 29-Nov-10 16:03:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cumfy Tue 30-Nov-10 23:19:56

How very very odd.

Almost sounds like he did it on purpose.

Lonnie Tue 30-Nov-10 23:33:05

YANBU and even without mobility issues that was rude and uncalled for from the "neighbour" (to nice a word to use for someone like that)

Hope you are ok?

QueenOfTheNightBeforeChristmas Tue 30-Nov-10 23:34:28

What a freak.

If you're not good on ice or snow though invest in some of these. They are awesome. I wish they'd been out years ago. They have made it so much easier to go out when it's icy. I've bought them for my entire family. And I don't look like a complete dick anymore picking my way across the pavement lol.

GetAGrip

HarrietSchulenberg Tue 30-Nov-10 23:37:08

I'd be tempted to go out and tip a bucket of water over his front path so when he steps outside tomorrow HE goes flying. Then make sure you're around to witness it. And guffaw loudly, preferably while pointing at him.
What an idiot.

QueenOfTheNightBeforeChristmas Tue 30-Nov-10 23:37:57

And no I don't work for them or have any links to them. I just think they're ace as I don't go arse over tits anymore!

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Tue 30-Nov-10 23:44:23

He'll go flying tomorrow when he walks on it. The cosmos has it's own way of sorting tossers like this out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now