Talk

Advanced search

to want to fill AIBU with jolly festive threads

(23 Posts)
MissMashMissMash Sun 28-Nov-10 12:35:39

Feeling quite Christmasy and the Christmas section on MN just doesn't quite cut it not enough traffic. AIBU is just filled with miserable Christmas threads. So come on who else is feeling festive today and what festive things are you doing?

BearCrimble Sun 28-Nov-10 12:40:17

I'm lying in my festive bed with a festive headache.

ChippingIn Sun 28-Nov-10 13:20:56

Yes you would be

There are a lot of people for whom Christmas is an emotionally difficult time (bereavements etc) and it's bad enough having it thrust at you in the shops, tv, kids, friends etc MN is a nice escape if you avoid the Christmas section and the odd 'Do I have to have the PIL for Christmas' in AIBU.

I know you can't tip toe around everyone all of the time - but imagine having lost a child this year and having to face christmas - MN might be the only place you can go to escape it for a bit

(I haven't lost a child this year - so please don't get that impression. I just know other people have).

ChippingIn Sun 28-Nov-10 13:23:59

That's not to say that that you shouldn't be having a brilliant festive time! I'm all for everyone having a great Christmas!!

Shame about the festive headache though!!

AuntiePickleBottom Sun 28-Nov-10 13:25:22

well said chippingin.

i haven't celebrated my birthday yet, never mind think of xmas

LittleMissHissyFit Sun 28-Nov-10 13:25:46

Wait until December...

sits on OP

<Hits report button>

Anniegetyourgun Sun 28-Nov-10 13:29:25

Go away, you bloody cheerful person. I like a bit o' gloom at this time of year. You might prefer lights and tinsel and stuff but you have no right to force it on the rest of us.

<throws another orphan on the fire>

MissMashMissMash Sun 28-Nov-10 13:38:03

Good point Chippin and something I hadn't considered. But there really doesn't seem to much going on in the Christmas section. Perhaps LittleMiss is right and I'll have to wait until December.

Kaloki Sun 28-Nov-10 13:46:31

YABU - tired of Xmas crap already!

maryz Sun 28-Nov-10 13:48:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissMashMissMash Sun 28-Nov-10 13:52:33

It is only November but once the four week point has passed I think its more acceptable to talk about Christmas

maryz Sun 28-Nov-10 13:54:49

happybubblebrain Sun 28-Nov-10 14:02:13

I'm feeling very Christamssy. We put out tree and decorations up today with Christmas music playing. I might even write my Christmas cards tonight, then sit back, relax and wait for Christmas. I LOVE Christmas.

Anniegetyourgun Sun 28-Nov-10 14:05:21

Scrooge had the right idea.

"If I had my way, every idiot with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips would be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart, so he would."

And then those bloody ghosts had to butt in...

TrillianAstra Sun 28-Nov-10 14:14:22

YABU

Go have your festive jolly threads in the Christmas section - it is not December yet

TrillianAstra Sun 28-Nov-10 14:15:54

I never understand the 'not enough traffic' or 'put this here to get more responses', doesn't everyone just go to Active Convos and see what's happening?

MissMashMissMash Sun 28-Nov-10 14:18:11

was that Fa la la la la Maryz?

maryz Sun 28-Nov-10 14:21:43

ChippingIn Sun 28-Nov-10 14:53:58

Happybubblebrain - I used to feel like you and I envy you still being able to feel that way. I still think people that don't like Christmas on principle are a bit miserable!

However, I lost someone very close to me this year (not a child) and coping with every day life is hard enough - Christmas is too hard to think about, it just wont be the same ever again. I don't talk about it on MN because I come here to escape those feelings. I still don't because there are lots of threads that make it HURT but that's life. I would sooner the 'Christmas Threads' stayed in the Christmas topic and it's one less hurdle every day.

maryz Sun 28-Nov-10 15:01:12

onepieceoflollipop Sun 28-Nov-10 15:08:51

Thank you to those of you who pointed out it is still only November. grin

I was feeling a bit hmm at myself because no, I am not "ready" for Christmas yet (as many friends and acquaintances have asked over recent weeks)

Why in the world would I be ready, it is several weeks away yet?

I am a very organised person. I am sure the world won't end if I wait say until the 15th before I buy mince pies!

Please be careful all of you who are "ready", your veg and satsumas will be all mouldy by then lol.

happybubblebrain Sun 28-Nov-10 16:03:33

Very sorry to hear that Chipping. I hope the pain of loosing someone close fades with time and you love Christmas again one day. It is very early days.

ChippingIn Sun 28-Nov-10 17:30:08

Thanks Mary & Happy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now