Talk

Advanced search

to hope for a little more tomorrow

(5 Posts)
florencerusty Fri 26-Nov-10 22:29:30

DH works full time and then most saturdays as extra to make ends meet. I know and appreciate that he is tired. Normally a friday night is his evening out but this week it was cancelled so he has been home - home asleep on the sofa ALL evening.

Tomorrow evening we will only have one DD home (the teeny tiny one) and no grown children - which happens only on nights when hell freezes over. Is it expecting to much to hope for a glimpse of his eyeballs or a listen to the sound of his voice, rather than the sound of his snoring?

babybear5 Fri 26-Nov-10 22:36:31

i know exactly what you mean. My husband works shifts and whenever he is home all i see is him sleeping on the sofa. I have 5 dc's and manage to get them to bed early at night but i needn't bother.
I know he is also full time and tired but what do they think motherhood is...a breeze?
I think it must be a man thing...too tired for anything..
There is only so much tele one can take at night!

florencerusty Sun 28-Nov-10 20:49:25

well last night not so bad but tonight arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Baileysandice Mon 29-Nov-10 00:31:29

Why does DH go out every Friday night? We cant he limit it to say once every 2 weeks, then have "date nights" with you on other nights. How old is he? Going out costs money?

florencerusty Mon 29-Nov-10 08:44:42

Ah to be fair - he goes every friday because he plays skittles and yes it does cost but at most it costs £10

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: