Talk

Advanced search

to get really fucking pissed off with men who say seeing a mother breastfeeding their baby in public makes them feel uncomfortable

(113 Posts)
wintersnow Fri 26-Nov-10 19:50:41

but am sure they aren't lobbying their local newsagents to take down copies of nuts and FHM...

thisisyesterday Fri 26-Nov-10 19:53:05

quite

i say "not as offended as I am by you staring at my tits mate"

StealthPolarBear Fri 26-Nov-10 19:54:02

Do many men say this? I actually don't find many people at all are bothered, but when they are, it;s women who notice (or maybe they're the ones who comment)

ChickensHaveNoMercyForTurkeys Fri 26-Nov-10 19:54:24

I have never heard a man say this. I have only ever heard other (usually older) women say it. Which is...odd when you think about it. It's not like they haven't got bosoms.

LifeIsButtercream Fri 26-Nov-10 19:54:25

YANBU - if I see something that makes me uncomfortable I look away.

Besides, the way most bf-ing mums feed in public - they'd have to be pretty close up to see anything!

NotAnotherBrick Fri 26-Nov-10 19:54:41

yanbu

altinkum Fri 26-Nov-10 19:55:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 26-Nov-10 19:55:22

YANBU

reggiechase Fri 26-Nov-10 19:55:33

Had a bloke tut at me once in a cafe.. he was reading The Sun at the time..

BootifulBernie Fri 26-Nov-10 19:55:55

YANBU

it's pathetic

scottishmummy Fri 26-Nov-10 19:56:13

id be dismayed at anyone saying it.male or female

StealthPolarBear Fri 26-Nov-10 19:56:22

i hope you tutted back, louder!

NotAnotherBrick Fri 26-Nov-10 19:56:31

Most men wouldn't be rude enough to say it, but, although I'd rather not say why I know this, but lots and lots and lots (I'd say most) men do actually feel this way unless they've spent a lot of time around breastfeeding women...by which time they've become used to it.

NotAnotherBrick Fri 26-Nov-10 19:57:12

And it's only something that will change by women who breastfeed making it more normal by not hiding away!

wintersnow Fri 26-Nov-10 19:57:51

Obviously I don't mean all men! I have heard it said a lot though and usually by men/older women

altinkum Fri 26-Nov-10 19:58:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dracschick Fri 26-Nov-10 20:00:32

FGS just say to him 'wanna suck my nipple' that will make him ashamed.

dracschick Fri 26-Nov-10 20:01:07

im in a bad mood blush probably best you dont say that - he might say hmmmmm yes please bitty ....grin.

cees Fri 26-Nov-10 20:01:11

Next time someone stares, 'I'd say your turn next'. Then squirt some there way, they should piss off after that grin

UnquietDad Fri 26-Nov-10 20:01:51

I've never heard a man say it either. It's usually old biddies who tut.

Truly, most of us (chaps) DO NOT GIVE A SHIT how a baby is fed or if it is done in public, as long as it is done, and cannot understand the endless conversations about it.

peppapighastakenovermylife Fri 26-Nov-10 20:02:51

dracschick grin I am so going to say this (or at least be tempted to!

MaeMobley Fri 26-Nov-10 20:03:49

I am a woman and I used to feel uncomfortable when I saw a mother breastfeeding.

YANBU by the way.

OmniaParatus Fri 26-Nov-10 20:03:49

Horrible that grown men would say this. I remember bf in my sister's house and her son's three friends, about 14, came in. I was a bit worried but they chatted away and never batted an eyelid. If a teenager can be that mature and accepting, why can't an adult?

dracschick Fri 26-Nov-10 20:03:52

I remember breast feeding my eldest son and H was working as a bouncer/doorman and one of his colleagues visited and just couldnt look and sat shielding himself ......H said to him whats wrong with you?? youve seen dracs in very revealing clothes how can you be embarrassed .....he replied ...it makes what I want to do with nipples seem weird ....I have to admit I did laugh.

wintersnow Fri 26-Nov-10 20:05:02

I saw an article on the dail mail website about breastfeeding mothers, I don't read the daily mail, just having a sneaky perv blush , but the comments underneath it made me incandescent with rage!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: