Talk

Advanced search

to ask my mil to not get up at 5.30am on ~Christmas Day.

(21 Posts)
agedknees Fri 26-Nov-10 15:30:41

Another mil whinge.

Mil is coming over for Christmas, coming CE, staying over until the day after BD.

She will be staying in dd's room. dd will be on a put you up (comfy, i've tried it) in the lounge.

dd working CE until 8pm. dd working boxing day. So the only sleep in will be CD.

Mil usually gets up at 5.30am. Do you think I am being rude to ask mil not to go in the lounge and wake dd up at 5.30am on CD and BD???

Flat is open plan lounge, kitchen incase that makes a difference.

PinkieMinx Fri 26-Nov-10 15:33:02

If she has problem with it, MIL can go on the put you up

SkeletonFlowers Fri 26-Nov-10 15:33:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

agedknees Fri 26-Nov-10 15:36:03

Skeleton - I could hug you. Will suggest that to mil, then I am not being the big bad dil.

ENormaSnob Fri 26-Nov-10 15:38:23

Yanbu.

Your dd will be shattered if she has to get up at 0530 to swap beds.

Makes more sense for mil to sleep downstairs.

EricNorthmansMistress Fri 26-Nov-10 15:39:06

Why doesn't MIL get the put you up? Then she can potter, make tea, watch tv/radio as she wishes and DD can sleep in uninterrupted.

agedknees Fri 26-Nov-10 15:42:04

mil is 87, has had a hip replacement that went wrong and there is no way she would sleep on a put you up.

(might make dh sleep on the put you up and me and dd have my king size). bear

SpotSplatterSplash Fri 26-Nov-10 15:43:39

YANBU

If she has to get up at that time, then she may do her best to make reparations for DD. Be that sleeping on the put you up or as Skeleton said letting your DD into her bed.

I thought this was going to be another I don't really want my MIL here on Christmas day thread!

PinkieMinx Fri 26-Nov-10 15:44:27

Had I known MIL was 87 i wouldn't have suggested it! Could DD not sleep on put you up in your bedroom? I used to sleep on my parents floor when we had guests.

MackerelOfFact Fri 26-Nov-10 15:47:26

YANBU at all. Do you have a spare TV or radio or even kettle to put in MILs room? Doesn't even have to be a spare one really. Explain that you've left everything in the room for her so she doesn't have to go into the living area when she wakes up. Surely she'll understand that your DD doesn't want to be woken at 5.30

agedknees Fri 26-Nov-10 15:48:01

Not enough space for put you up in our bedroom (fitted wardrobes that don't move and not enough floor space in one patch, I have measured it, believe me).

Just want to make sure mil and dd have a nice Christmas.

Think dh on the put you up is the way to go he he he. Revenge for putting the xmas decs up on NOV 22nd!!!!

HecateQueenOfWitches Fri 26-Nov-10 15:50:06

5.30? With children? And you are still sleeping? grin

Is it just me who wakes at 4am and says to Himself "can I wake the boys up yet?" every five minutes then? blush By 5.30 I'm flushing the loo every five minutes and standing outside the lads' room coughing loudly.

agedknees Fri 26-Nov-10 15:51:36

Hecate, dd is 21 and working.

HecateQueenOfWitches Fri 26-Nov-10 15:52:44

ahh. I see.

I shall probably still be doing it then. blush Himself practically has to sit on me grin

Lace her cocoa with nytol. wink

ChaoticChristmasAngelCrackers Fri 26-Nov-10 15:54:07

If I'm awake at 4am it means I haven't been to sleep yet grin

YANBU I'd go with dh on the put you up winkgrin

NeverEatYellowTaintedSnow Fri 26-Nov-10 16:00:54

I think your DH in the lounge and you and DD in your bedroom is definitely the way to go.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 26-Nov-10 16:04:13

Hecate - I am like that too. This year DS is 2.5, and he will be sooo excited when he sees his stocking and his presents. I cannot wait - I will be up at 6 grin

thighsmadeofcheddar Fri 26-Nov-10 16:05:24

Has your DD complained about it? I wouldn't worry to be honest, she is 21 and will surely nap when she wants on Christmas day.

HecateQueenOfWitches Fri 26-Nov-10 16:05:33

Glad it's not just me.

In the past I have gone in and prodded them. blush

Skimty Fri 26-Nov-10 16:07:14

What does she get up for? Could you move a tv/radio into her room and even a kettle? I'm sure some milk would be okay out of the fridge overnight and then she could stay in her room?

agedknees Fri 26-Nov-10 16:10:27

I didn't realise it would be a problem, but mil stayed with dsil a few weeks ago and dsil said at 5.15am mil banged on the wall and shouted coeee I am ready to get up!!!!

But I will have no where to put her!!!

Yes, def dh in the lounge on the put you up with the lead piping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now