Talk

Advanced search

aibu to be annoyed with pizza hut?

(16 Posts)
HippyHippopotamus Thu 25-Nov-10 18:10:54

dh out tonight so thought i'd treat myself to a pizza delivery. i ordered pizza, wings and a coleslaw.
the guy gave me the pot of coleslaw but there was a crack in it so i gave it back to him. he reckoned they were really busy tonight and that it was fine. i pointed out that if coleslaw could get out, dirt could get in. he threw the pizza and wings at me and stormed off, whilst throwing the coleslaw into his bag

10mins later he returned with another pot and stomped off. i politely shouted down the drive at him to return because that one had a crack in it too. he then started saying i had to phone his manager because he's going to get accused of eating the food hmm I told him it was quite simple, i just wanted a pot of coleslaw that wasn't cracked. off he stomped again and he threw the coleslaw into the box on his bike

so now he's got a bag covered in coleslaw and a bike box

10mins later he returned with a pot in a paper bag. now call me suspicious but i made him wait whilst i checked it. all was fine so i thanked him. he'd already stormed off by this point!

so, would you have accepted the pot with a crack?! he seemed to think i should have done

lisad123isgoingcrazy Thu 25-Nov-10 18:14:22

guess it depends on if it was a crack or a split? I also woulnt want to eat it now, just be case wink

TheSkiingGardener Thu 25-Nov-10 18:18:10

Of course you shouldn't accept it. They forgot our coleslaw once and we got another delivery, some ice cream and a voucher. You were unlucky with the delivery guy I guess.

HippyHippopotamus Thu 25-Nov-10 18:19:12

but its sealed, oh lisa, i really fancy some coleslaw... what could he have done with it? i do realise we can't order pizza from them ever again though!

HippyHippopotamus Thu 25-Nov-10 18:20:01

damn, i should have demanded ice cream as compensation!!

Maleeka Thu 25-Nov-10 18:20:15

He's probably sneezed into it, or worse! grin

lisad123isgoingcrazy Thu 25-Nov-10 18:21:33

long as its sealed

kaiserfootmuff Thu 25-Nov-10 18:22:55

i;d have just eaten it and not made a fuss

Louii Thu 25-Nov-10 18:24:06

No way would I eat it after that, he prob spat in it.

HippyHippopotamus Thu 25-Nov-10 18:27:31

hmm, i haven't opened it yet... its like a pot you'd buy from the supermarket so completely sealed like yoghurt pots are

it'll be fine.... i really can't see how he could have tampered with it despite his frustrations....

blueberryboybait Thu 25-Nov-10 18:34:34

Just eat it mad old lady!! wink I want pizza now too swap you a homemade chinese curry?

HippyHippopotamus Thu 25-Nov-10 18:36:48

oi! who you calling mad?! old yes, but not mad... yet grin

there's only two slices left and i'm stuffed so i fear a curry, as nice as it sounds, would be wasted on me. oh and the coleslaw tasted fine (i even checked for pin sized holes in case he'd injected something into it...ok, so maybe i am a little mad!)

colditz Thu 25-Nov-10 18:36:59

Don't blame you.

I had a Dominoes delivery once, and the waffles were burnt horribly. I rang them and told them - ten minutes later some more arrived.

HippyHippopotamus Thu 25-Nov-10 18:41:09

oooh waffles sound good! i might order some next time we have pizza smile

scoobytoo Thu 25-Nov-10 18:44:31

I would definitely have not bothered to say anything to the bike guy I would have politely rang the store or not bothered to say anything at all to be honest. God knows what was actually one the last one you got, more than likely something not very nice3 was lurking in there.
I think sometimes we forget that in order to be able to buy such cheap food (e.g Pizza Hut) most of the staff are on minimum wage working in bad conditions and horiible hours. I wouldn't expect too much from Pizza Hut it's the bottom of the barrel really.

Louii Thu 25-Nov-10 19:02:59

Pizza hut not that cheap for a takeaway, we would never order from there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: