Talk

Advanced search

to be soooo excited about the coming snow..

(20 Posts)
mulranno Thu 25-Nov-10 16:13:36

and so disappointed that they have it in surrey already but it is not here yet in BUCKS

Shodan Thu 25-Nov-10 16:17:13

<peers out of window>

No snow here.

Not in the right part of Surrey obviously.

Hmph.

HalfTermHero Thu 25-Nov-10 16:19:51

No snow here yet but I am fed up of it already.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 25-Nov-10 16:21:39

Surrey has snow?? Which part?

cakewench Thu 25-Nov-10 16:22:46

I have a driving lesson in the morning. I would normally hope for snow, but I'd really rather avoid it this time! grin

bossyboop Thu 25-Nov-10 16:23:35

got it up north and think its time it went, took longer to get ready to come home drom school (wellies, hats, gloves etc) than the journey home itself and will no doubt be like an ice rink tomorrow, thank goodness its nearly the weekend!

midnightexpress Thu 25-Nov-10 16:23:55

YABU. Was last winter not blimmin long enough for you? Sheesh, it only feels like about 5 mins since the last lot and we're already stockpiling the salt and de-icer again. Bah humbug.

We're in Glasgow and not a flake, but it's freeeeeezing and we can see it on the hills.

ClaireDeLoon Thu 25-Nov-10 16:24:59

How can people be fed up with snow. Snow is lovely.

RiojaLover75 Thu 25-Nov-10 16:25:59

Where in Surrey is there snow??? We've not got any!

midnightexpress Thu 25-Nov-10 16:26:35

Slush is less lovely.

And last year our boiler broke down in the middle of the freezing weather. That wasn't very lovely either.

Quenelle Thu 25-Nov-10 16:29:53

YANBU I used to love snow days. But nowadays I hate the idea of missing work and it's impossible to get in when it snows.

It sucks to be a grown-up sometimes <sigh>

nickeldonkeyonadustyroad Thu 25-Nov-10 16:55:09

i want some too

the delivery driver this morning told me it was snowing in Gillingham - that's only up the road!

mulranno Thu 25-Nov-10 16:56:26

...snow days are the best bit --- last year no one could get out of the village so we all holed up in the pub...it was magical...heard about surry on the radio -- purley? woking?

MardyBra Thu 25-Nov-10 16:57:36

Can't wait to get my lovely 4x4 out!

Pixel Thu 25-Nov-10 18:48:03

I was collecting something from Argos today and while I was waiting there were loads of sledges coming out. A lady behind me asked how much they were and was told that every single one was reserved. There will be a lot of disappointed people if it doesn't snow!

ilovesooty Thu 25-Nov-10 20:34:44

"How can people be fed up with snow. Snow is lovely."

Quite easily if you do a job where driving is compulsory and not going to work simply isn't an option.

bossyboop Fri 26-Nov-10 09:46:56

If it just landed on grass it would be fine, the kids can play in it and everyone else can go about as normal. I dread the time it goes icey trying to walk down to school, if I had a pram to push I wouldnt even attempt it when its slippy.

mulranno Fri 26-Nov-10 14:01:22

...thats how it works in the Scandinavia and the Alps -- "heated" drives, steps, paths!!

domesticsluttery Fri 26-Nov-10 14:10:10

Yes, YABU.

DH is a lorry driver. I don't want him out in these icy conditions.

I work in a nursery school, it took us 2.5hrs to get all of the children picked up this morning when we closed due to mobile coverage being down and cars not being able to get to teh school.

My DC have gone on a school trip and are stuck in a coach somewhere, a lorry has jack-knifed and is causing traffic chaos.

The council don't grit to our village, so everyone is having to abandon their cars at the side of the road and walk.

Roll on spring.

wintersnow Fri 26-Nov-10 14:40:17

Yep! Am exited too, although it's always good for the first day or two then it gets a bit tedious!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: