Talk

Advanced search

To find it annoying (on MN)

(105 Posts)
JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:34:03

that when I make some terrific funny insightful comment it gets ignored, but then someone comes along later ) and everyone says "what a terrific insightful thread".

bran agrees with me BTW

diddl Thu 25-Nov-10 13:35:36

Do you mean that someone else somehow takes the credit for what you posted?

APixieInMyTea Thu 25-Nov-10 13:35:56

What a terrific insightful thread this is!

grin

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:36:07

gah I meant "what a terrific insightful POST"

Also, I have no idea where that ) came from

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:37:30

yes diddl. Not deliberately, but either because they are "MN Royalty", or they only just said it and the lazy feckers can't be arsed to read the whole thread, so miss the funny insightful ones at the beginning

APixieInMyTea Thu 25-Nov-10 13:37:30

Yeah that as well.

Psammead Thu 25-Nov-10 13:37:46

diddl it is soooo annoying when that happens, isn't it?

grin

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:38:28

really annoying. I am incandescent with rage

APixieInMyTea Thu 25-Nov-10 13:38:58

YANBU though.

I find that with my posts sometimes. Maybe because I'm not recognisable enough yet?

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:39:19

Yeah that as well

AgentZigzag Thu 25-Nov-10 13:39:25

YANBU, those pesky posters scan reading threads and missing obvious genius grin

I think the only solution is to bring it up on the thread, you wont look arrogant or shitty at all grin

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:40:02

yy Agent. I said that on page 2

< jumps up and down >

AgentZigzag Thu 25-Nov-10 13:41:44

I'd like to say I did that on purpose, but I didn't...grin

AbsofCroissant Thu 25-Nov-10 13:42:45

Ah Jamie, I once had a thread like this. And a bunch of people came and took the Mickey out of me, and then the thread morphed into something utterly bizarre and unrecognisable, and you know how you see those "IPOAT" threads with people like HullyGully on them? That's where it started.

You have been warned.

Anyways - I agree. It's very annoying. I made quite a funny joke on the Pedlars thread in xmas about Giant Spanners (linking to a picture) and no one even noticed. They were distracted by a footstool with a fox tail attached

<<grumps>>

theevildead2 Thu 25-Nov-10 13:44:09

What a clever post APixieInMyTea

AbsofCroissant Thu 25-Nov-10 13:44:20

However, if you want tons of "hangers-on" or "Ladies in Waiting" or whatever it is, do a name-change, post a thread saying "I'm a regular, moldies, cod blah blah blah" and then watch it get overrun with lackies, in case it's a "royal" MNer, who's getting missed.

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:46:34

That's out-bloody-ragoeus Abs

I'm a regular.Mold, Parking, Babies etc etc. Have name-changed

diddl Thu 25-Nov-10 13:46:48

Yes, annoying.

I assume it´s because I´m not Royalty/am small and easily overlooked/lots of people have me on hide as they don´t like megrin

Unrulysun Thu 25-Nov-10 13:47:08

I think sometimes it's because people don't bother to read the previous posts.

grin

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:47:41

Abs - link that picture here and I promise to give it the attention it is due

HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 25-Nov-10 13:49:11

It's easy to miss a post though. I do it loads. blush I don't think it's intended as any sort of snub or anything.

I also end up repeating what someone has already said because I've not read carefully enough. I think that's annoying. Want to kick myself when I do it. Who wants to read the same opinion twice?

RealityIsWellFit Thu 25-Nov-10 13:50:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JamieLeeCurtis Thu 25-Nov-10 13:50:25

I think it is the nature of the beast though. Sometimes people phrase something better than I have, so it has more impact

I don't think it is intended as a snub

I didn't follow your link on the Pedlars thread because I assumed it was genuinely to the Pedlars giant spanners. Will go and have a look now...

HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 25-Nov-10 13:51:47

grin reality

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now