Talk

Advanced search

to not want to spend my afternoons driving around?

(4 Posts)
JoannaLewis Thu 25-Nov-10 01:18:47

My friend recently passed her driving test and has just bought a car. I'm very happy for her and congratulated her wholeheartdley.

Now she insists that I sit with her as she gets used to driving around. I would like to spend my afternoon (while ds is at pre-school) going to the gym, cleaning the house, watching tv, shopping....and all the wonderful things I have been dying to do since ds was born. I have already talked to her about this earlier this week and I thought she had understood. I don't want to go to the garden centre, or tescos, or drink coffee. Can't we spin around after nursery time- with the kids? AIBU?

BitOfFun Thu 25-Nov-10 01:23:56

Just say no! Jeez, it's not that hard. Not having a go at you at all, but I do think this is a non-issue. All you ned to do is to explain exactly what you have said in your OP.

beijingaling Thu 25-Nov-10 05:05:22

YANBU but just say "Sorry, I can't, I have a list of things I need to do in the house as long as my arm."

If that doesn't work then go for "I really don't want to sit in a car all afternoon."

If she says you're being unreasonable then tell her it's unreasonable for her to expect you to give up your free time because she feels the need to have a nanny.

MadamDeathstare Thu 25-Nov-10 05:11:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: