Talk

Advanced search

To consider ear piercing

(8 Posts)
PuraVida Wed 24-Nov-10 14:33:14

At the age of 32?

I've got a pair of diamond earrings in my basket on black Friday amazon (allegedly) £300 worth for £100.

Should I after all this time get my ears pierced so they can light up my whole face. Or should I not buy them and continue being the only female over the age of 13 without pierced ears?

Mumsnet jury - you decide

scurryfunge Wed 24-Nov-10 14:35:08

I had my ears pierced at 15 but haven't worn ear rings for about 20 odd years. I don't miss them. Could you buy them as a gift for someone?

Chil1234 Wed 24-Nov-10 14:36:17

It bloody hurts and, if you're unlucky, you spend several days/weeks dabbing TCP, twisting hoops, and wishing you'd never bothered. But once done you can dangle Pat Butcher style chandeliers from them without a murmur... Go for it.

PuraVida Wed 24-Nov-10 14:39:44

Now I do like chandeliers. Does it really hurt? I've had my tummy hole done. That hurt and ooozed for months.

Far too spensive for a gift for anyone but myself grin

coatgate Wed 24-Nov-10 14:40:48

It doesn't hurt - much. Get em pierced!

thisisyesterday Wed 24-Nov-10 14:41:09

not for some earrings off amazon iw ouldn't no.

diamonds are one thing i would always, always buy in person. the quality of a pair sold for £100 is likely to be a bit shit to be honest!

ttalloo Wed 24-Nov-10 14:50:37

Go for it! I had mine done when I was 32 for my wedding, and then went on honeymoon without any earrings, so my holes closed up, and then I had them done again when I was 36, took proper care of my piercings and I now just love wearing earrings (although not chandeliers, DS2 would just rip them out of my earlobes).

And it doesn't hurt very much - if you can face having your tummy button done (which I couldn't <looks for squeamish emoticon>, then earlobes are a doddle.

musicmadness Wed 24-Nov-10 15:34:33

It doesn't hurt much at all - sounds like you were unlucky with your tummy one! I honestly didn't realise they had pierced it until the bar was already in. My helix on the other hand hurt like hell for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now