Talk

Advanced search

to feel a bit brushed off?

(12 Posts)
mumbar Tue 23-Nov-10 20:52:34

I am totally exhausted at the moment. Not sure why but I look very pale too.

At work today my boss asked me how I was, conversationally, and I said I just felt tired and overwhelmed at the minute and was relived I had no time for a breakdown as I might just have one.

OK I said it jokingly but I was just trying to hint that I'm stuggling.

He replied ' well you can have 2 weeks off at xmas, you'll feel better then' hmm

Now he knows I'm a coper and I have a lot of responsibilities and I know that perhaps if I went in to see him they would give me support, although I'm not a 'whinger' and do tend to just get on with it.

AIBU to think he should have offered me some 'talk' time?

OK so IABU but just need to rant sad.

cocobongo Tue 23-Nov-10 21:00:42

Well, not much point in hinting, some people just don't get the hints. Especially as you made your point in a jokey way. Often people make jokes about being overwhelmed at work when they don't seriously mean they are overwhelmed, just that they are busy. Particularly as you are known as a coper, he will just assume you can cope. Why don't you ask for a one-to-one and speak to him directly?

mumbar Tue 23-Nov-10 21:04:49

Its not really work - I'm not sure what it is I'm just totally exhausted blush TBH theres not really much I can say - Its a school so can't just take a few days off. He is right the xmas hols will be a chance to take stock - except I have a uni assignment due in January wink

Mowiol Tue 23-Nov-10 21:47:40

Problem is you said it jokingly - if you had said seriously "Well, I'm exhausted to be honest, not sure why" that would have opened the door for a proper conversation possibly?

Thinking about it, if someone answered a query of mine in the way you describe I may well accept it at face value - sort of jokey. It's not that I'm not perceptive (think I'm reasonably well tuned) but if I'm busy and working at maximum capacity too then I may miss signals.

So maybe a wee bit unreasonable?

Try to have a proper chat with him.

scottishmummy Tue 23-Nov-10 21:53:16

stop being a quiet martyr you want to talk? speak up.boss isnt psychic

if coper means soldiering on against the odds you need to be more adept at saying whats going on.not hoping a hint does the trick

mumbar Wed 24-Nov-10 17:29:59

Thanks, I know I was being unreasonable just needed a quick rant smile. I'm just tired, overtired I think because I'm trying to have early nights and just not getting to sleep. I have decided to have a few study free evenings (I'm doing OU degree) and tonight will have a bath and a bit of a pamper when DS is in bed, and watch I'm a celebrity on laptop in bed and will probably doze off.

Just gave myself a bit of a kick up the jacksey about having a night off grin

Mowiol Wed 24-Nov-10 19:24:51

Good plan Mumbar - except the "I'm a Sleb" bit grin

There's plenty of other trashy TV to choose from!!

mumbar Thu 25-Nov-10 17:48:19

Yes realised it wasn't on so went to bed a 8.45pm blush and watched Harry Potter on DVD to remind myself for when the new one is released on DVD. grin

JetLi Thu 25-Nov-10 17:52:51

Have a few early nights & get some berocca or equivalent. I find in old age I need 3 or 4 early nights on the trot to get "right" whereas I used to only need one <<sigh>> Berocca is the stuff though esp. at this time of year.

LoopyLoops Thu 25-Nov-10 17:55:02

Quick trip to the GP to rule out anaemia etc. might be in order.

mumbar Thu 25-Nov-10 19:39:19

I am aneamic as such but chronically - iron count is usually 11.4 ish. I have just had my period which was quite heavy so maybe thats what it is?
I'll get some berocca thanks for the tip. smile
I'm feeling a little better today but going for an early night again.

Thanks for the sympathy ladies - sometimes thats all it takes wink

JetLi Thu 25-Nov-10 20:00:40

Sleep well mumbar smile hope you feel a bit better tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: