Talk

Advanced search

to think my Mum should have come round after my not-great -news?

(5 Posts)
ShanahansRevenge Mon 22-Nov-10 16:15:17

I foud out today that I more than likely have Lupus...if you don't know about it, it's a chronic disease...no cure...where your immune system attacks your body in certain ways.

With me it has given me skin rashes on my face and it can progress to arthiritis and kidney failure among other things. Not always...but it can.

My Mum wanted me to ring her after I had been to the doctor and so I did and I told her that the doctor said that it seems likely I have it but blood tests on Monday will reveal for sure.

Now I KNOW it's not some things which are much worse but it is still a life changing disease whch can totally render some peoploe incapapble of work...and can also be very disfiguring...and I feel scared and a bit depressed...I have two DC and husband working away...so on my own.

I asked Mum if she would be coming to visit me...as I could do with a distraction... and she said "no I have to tidy up, you probably won't have it anyway...I dont think you have it and I might visit tomrrow"

Now the doc was not SURE but she said it was likely due to my strong symptoms and another family member with it....so AIBU to feel slighted?

StealthPomBear Mon 22-Nov-10 16:16:32

so sorry
could it be that your mum just doesn't want to face it?

hillyhilly Mon 22-Nov-10 16:17:56

YANBU, sounds like an ostrich reaction (if I pretend its not there, it'll go away) I may be being too charitable but can only imagine it is extremely difficult to see your child diagnosed with something serious and although her reaction was not great, hopefully she'll get better as she gets used to the idea.
Sorry to hear your news by the way.

ShanahansRevenge Mon 22-Nov-10 16:26:35

Maybe but she's a bloody MOTHER who should be able too put herself aside...I have had to keep it all in on my own ALL day with a 2 year old and a 6 year old at home...no DH to lean on and in my opinon it's pretty poor.

StealthPomBear Mon 22-Nov-10 16:43:47

yes, you're right, it is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now