Talk

Advanced search

to have stopped her at question 4?

(23 Posts)
noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 10:42:23

People are wierd! I put a panasonic combi microwave on gumtree for £20 they are 175 new and I used it while waiting for kitchen to be fitted.Woman rang left a message and I rang her back and she said hold on I'll just get my list of questions for you.She then started announcing each q with One Two Three etc.When she got to 4 I stopped her!Fgs it is a bargain why are people so odd!She has left another message saying she looked it up and downloaded the brochure and she wants it I am dreading her coming!

BuntyPenfold Mon 22-Nov-10 10:44:10

Have your powerpoint presentation ready

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 10:45:23

grinQ 2 was how well can you see the food while it is cooking? I said it depends on your eyesight!

Ryoko Mon 22-Nov-10 10:46:08

Haha you get all sorts in this world grin

maybe she's autistic?.

booyhoo Mon 22-Nov-10 10:47:11

strange woman. it's a bargain. if it doesn't suit her she cans sell it again

thefurryone Mon 22-Nov-10 10:47:49

YAB a tiny bit U. £20 is a lot of money to some people and she may just want to make sure that she doesn't end up with something that isn't right for her, but also some people are just like that.

BuntyPenfold Mon 22-Nov-10 10:50:29

What was Q3?

BuntyPenfold Mon 22-Nov-10 10:51:38

And what are you cooking for your demo?

ChaoticChristmasAngelCrackers Mon 22-Nov-10 10:52:33

I wonder just how many questions she would have asked if you hadn't stopped her grin

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 10:53:31

She asked how 'silver' it was as she really wanted white I think.I am not doing a demo!

pagwatch Mon 22-Nov-10 10:55:46

Just send her a message saying that the microwave is still £20 but that you charge £5 per enquiry...
If she says "why"
" because I do and that is £5 please"

frgr Mon 22-Nov-10 10:57:11

Well what were the questions that you'd answered?

£20 is a lot of money to pay for a (luxury, not totally neccesary) item for some people.

It wasn't so long ago that H and I were paying mortgage, bills, etc and after all the direct debts we had £22 left over at the end of the month to pay for everything else (car breakdowns, haircuts, school activities, bus money). So if our microwave had gone during that time I would have thought before spending £20 on it too. Even if it was a bargain, that wouldn't have been the issue - I wouldn't have wanted to spend money and possibly waste a penny of it on something that didn't fit our needs.

Unless she was rude, in which case YANBU.

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 10:57:12

grin

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 11:01:27

I amswered size wattage colour etc but then just gave her the serial no and told her to look it up £20 is not a lot for this has a grill aswell and is excellent condition.She was v pushy

ragged Mon 22-Nov-10 11:01:48

Well... maybe she's got a memory problem and she literally needs to write her queries down, number them to organise it, and read what she's written to make sure she's asked what she needs to ask.

I think you were a bit harsh, tbh, although my tolerance for looney behaviour is pretty poor today so I am not one to talk. blush

BuntyPenfold Mon 22-Nov-10 11:02:59

Surely you can rustle up a chicken on a bed of mediterranean vegetables?
Or a lemon sponge upside down surprise?

You are not taking this sale seriously.

I hope you have finished painting it white. What if it isn't dry in time?

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 11:18:04

Only on Mn would it be considered harsh I think I might get my panasonic t shirt and pom poms out and do a bit of a microwave cheerleader dance to try and convince her of its merits

rubyrubyruby Mon 22-Nov-10 11:20:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 11:22:58

Sold!

BuntyPenfold Mon 22-Nov-10 11:36:58

Panasonic what a tonic

Cooks your food, cheers your mood

P A N A etc

With pom poms of course

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 13:22:35

She has been and gone.Came with tape measure as if I couldn't measure hmmgrin.Scraped my newly painted walls on teh way out

ragged Mon 22-Nov-10 14:02:48

Did she buy it?

noddyholder Mon 22-Nov-10 14:20:07

Yes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now