Talk

Advanced search

to want a round of applause for Judge Kimba Wood?

(13 Posts)
FerminaUrbinoDaza Sun 21-Nov-10 12:26:49

Good call grin. Here.

plupervert Sun 21-Nov-10 16:29:06

Talk about being infused with the spirit of the law!

Thanks for this. smile

RunawayChristmasTree Sun 21-Nov-10 16:33:43

grin

ISNT Sun 21-Nov-10 16:46:45

Um. YANBU that it was good the judge said he could have time off.

The fact that he wanted time off for a boy and not a girl, and it was specifically to celebrate circumcision, is a bit hmm. Why not just ask for a day off to celebrate generally, boy or girl?

plupervert Sun 21-Nov-10 17:04:09

I guess there would have been no "event" to miss for a girl, and he felt awkward enough missing court for a son's event (note: not even a breath of request for paternity leave! hmm)

JamieLeeCurtis Sun 21-Nov-10 17:06:17

Shame the manner of celebrating a boys birth is to cut off his foreskin.

ISNT Sun 21-Nov-10 17:10:31

The birth is an event, surely!

FerminaUrbinoDaza Sun 21-Nov-10 17:23:56

Um, it wasn't the bit about her granting him leave I wanted her applauded for. It was this bit "...the Court would like to balance the scales. If a daughter is born, there will be a public celebration in Court, with readings from poetry celebrating girls and women."

Paternity leave wouldn't be appropriate, considering he's the grandfather confused

FerminaUrbinoDaza Sun 21-Nov-10 17:25:14

Which was, to my mind, her saying, 'If you won't celebrate the birth of a daughter then the court will.'

TheFeministParent Sun 21-Nov-10 17:30:37

Love it!!

ISNT Sun 21-Nov-10 17:31:42

Oh I see!

Yes good show. Shame it was necessary in the first place though.

FerminaUrbinoDaza Sun 21-Nov-10 17:33:34

I quite agree. Not to mention the genital mutilation.

"And on the topic of having to ask a noted female judge for time off to celebrate the birth of a boy, but not a girl, Epstein minced no words:

“Look, the Jewish religion is sexist. It just is. But I didn’t make the rules!”"

plupervert Sun 21-Nov-10 18:10:49

D'oh! Missed the bit about its being his grandson!

To make up for that, can I comment that the headline is pretty bloody poor? Sounds like a long-winded feature writer being forced to take a turn on the subs' desk! (I have a particular one in mind grin)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: