Talk

Advanced search

to put this as my facebook status:

(21 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Sat 20-Nov-10 14:23:52

copying and pasting something onto your status does not mean you care, all it does is show that you are gulliable, over-sensitive and have no imagination. of course child abuse is wrong, but the current status doing the rounds is an urban myth, just like the business man with the dying wife. C&Ping onto your status doesnt mean you feel more strongly about preventing cruelty to children/animals or our soldiers than me, it just means you are guilty of passing on the electronic version of chain letters, and worse still - believing it. 93% of people wont post this status, because they know deep down that its true!

an engorged with hormonal and sickyness rage, can you tell?

bubbleOseven Sat 20-Nov-10 14:25:44

theres a lot of stuff people put on facebook that i just ignore.

i ignored that one you're talking about. Just ignore it.

katiepotatie Sat 20-Nov-10 14:26:46

lol.
I never pass these on either grin

lukewarmcupoftea Sat 20-Nov-10 14:26:46

Chortle

I think you're right, but yabu to consider posting it. Just enjoy the smug feeling of superiority you get when you read other people's idiotic posts.

needtogetalife Sat 20-Nov-10 14:28:22

yanbu to want to post it BUT if you do you are doing exactly what you dont like - a copy and paste status!

SecretSlattern Sat 20-Nov-10 14:28:49

love it

TotorosOcarina Sat 20-Nov-10 14:30:34

TBH I wouldn't think its something you ahve written yourself, I'd see the '93% thing' and assume its just ANOTHER C&P status and ignore you.

DanceInTheDark Sat 20-Nov-10 14:31:07

I hate those but i posted this recently and i don't seem to have any since ....

PLEASE put this on your status if you know someone who has been eaten by a
dragon. Dragons are nearly unstoppable and, in case you didn't know,they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy and paste this, because they have already been eaten by a dragon. 6% are sitting in the shower armed with fire extinguishers, and the remaining 1% are awesome and will re-post this!!!

(C&P'd from elsewhere on the web)

OracleInaCoracle Sat 20-Nov-10 14:33:14

needtogetalife, thats the point. its like a wink at the end.

but what if i take out the 93% thing grin im so sick of seeing them, one of my relaives puts every single fucking one as her status ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
bites fist

OracleInaCoracle Sat 20-Nov-10 14:34:24

i like that one danceinthedark, i put the aldaaran one a while back too.

Sarsaparilllla Sat 20-Nov-10 15:00:12

I was thinking of posting something similar!

I've deleted people off there for posting crappy stupid copy/past statuses before if they catch me in the wrong mood, it makes me think they're morons

I love that one danceintheark, might post that myself

OracleInaCoracle Sat 20-Nov-10 15:05:41

ive done that in the past too. it makes me cringe!

TrillianAstra Sat 20-Nov-10 15:13:55

If you do, please spell gullible correctly.

Also the "93%.." thing is shit, just like those who post the china messages you have no idea what % will or will not repost the message or their reasons for doing so.

Otherwise I like it.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 20-Nov-10 15:15:55

oops, <slaps self with dictionary>

TrillianAstra Sat 20-Nov-10 15:21:21

If you're going to be superior at people it's important to not give them an easy comeback - although I'm not sure 'yes I am a gullible fool who c&ps statuses but at least I can spell gullible' would really be much of a retort grin

OracleInaCoracle Sat 20-Nov-10 15:25:09

lol in my defence i have been up all night ill! which is probably the main reason i want to put it...

TrillianAstra Sat 20-Nov-10 16:24:35

I'm on your side here - just trying to be helpful

Anniegetyourgun Sat 20-Nov-10 16:29:53

YABU for posting statuses on Facebook at all. It's the work of the devil, you know.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 20-Nov-10 16:40:36

trillian, i know. sorry i i seemed a little abrupt. am a bit discombobulated today.

needafootmassage Sat 20-Nov-10 17:17:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrillianAstra Sat 20-Nov-10 17:17:18

No probs - just checking you know I didn't mean it in a nasty way

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: