Talk

Advanced search

about the housework???

(21 Posts)
30flirty Fri 19-Nov-10 22:57:58

All my hubby and I argue about is the state of the house! He wants all the sides clear at all times, and comments when I leave my handbag or a catalogue on the table... I'm not the tidiest person, and over the years I've tried to pick up after myself and the children more, but I just think there is more to life! However, he nags and nags continually, to the point that I'm wondering if the grass might be greener somewhere else....???

Littlefish Fri 19-Nov-10 23:06:28

He's being a bit of a twat, unless you are a complete hoarder.

LadyViper Fri 19-Nov-10 23:08:14

omg, i wouldnt be able to live like that! You aren't even allowed your handbag on the side?

He needs to get a life!

And if it bothers him so much he should accept that it is him with the issue and that if he wants things put away he should put them away himself.

LadyViper Fri 19-Nov-10 23:09:08

Unless you are more untidy than I am imagining in which case he might have a point.

But handbag on side! I'd say that IS put away.

taintedpaint Fri 19-Nov-10 23:10:11

What does he think the sides are there for, if not to put things like that on? Unless you live in the most cluttered house EVER, he's being a bit of a dick.

Could he have a touch of OCD?

30flirty Fri 19-Nov-10 23:17:00

We both work, and have two children, two dogs and two cats! I don't see why it has to be completely down to me. Okay I work 3 days a week, and he works 5, but why does my 2 days off have to mean I'm chained to the sink? If I meet a friend for lunch instead of doing the ironing, he goes mad! Also he's not very sociable so we rarely have anyone round anyway, so what's the big deal???

Asteria Fri 19-Nov-10 23:19:49

I reckon that you should sack the cleaning and bring a bottle of Rose over to mine on tuesday grin

30flirty Fri 19-Nov-10 23:20:49

Oh no you found me!!! See you Tuesday LOL xx

monkeyflippers Fri 19-Nov-10 23:21:38

Sounds like he has some control issues! Goes mad if you go out for lunch . . . that's ridiculous! You need to have a life!

Is the mess really that bad? Everyone has a different idea of what "messy" is but how messy do you think it really is?

Asteria Fri 19-Nov-10 23:21:48

and yes he is being a dick - your house is clean enough for open heart surgery on the kitchen floor xxx

30flirty Fri 19-Nov-10 23:24:31

My main problem is clothes, especially at this time of year. All the radiators are covered and I have a mountain of ironing to get through, which I HATE! I think I'll just put it all away and iron it when I need it, jobs a gud'un!

NotANaturalGeordie Fri 19-Nov-10 23:26:37

I have just decided to 'stop' ironing. I now only iron DD1's uniform and DH work shirts. The rest I attempt to hang up to dry as soon as washing machine has finished and so far, DH hasn't noticed.....

LadyViper Sat 20-Nov-10 14:36:13

http://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/new-multi-hanger.h tml

i've just bought one of these, i can hang tops up on their hangers and they dry flat so --don't have to-- easier to iron.

LadyViper Sat 20-Nov-10 14:36:36

why does crossing out never work for me?

clam Sat 20-Nov-10 14:39:22

Put the -- round each word.

Your DH needs a slap.

Unrulysun Sat 20-Nov-10 14:39:59

One word one set of hyphens -- like -- -- this -- without the spaces.

Really the last word on housework went to Joan Rivers. Life is definitely too short.

LadyViper Sat 20-Nov-10 15:06:16

http://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/new-multi-hanger.h tml

i've just bought one of these, i can hang tops up on their hangers and they dry flat so don'thaveto easier to iron.

LadyViper Sat 20-Nov-10 15:06:37

but now there are no spaces between my words

LadyViper Sat 20-Nov-10 15:07:05

don't have to

LadyViper Sat 20-Nov-10 15:07:57

he sounds awful!!!! i couldn't cope with that

30flirty Sun 21-Nov-10 21:20:52

Thanks, I'm going to look at pound stretchers and see if I can get one!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: