Talk

Advanced search

to really dislike Fearne Cotton?

(51 Posts)
YourCallIsImportant Fri 19-Nov-10 22:43:20

I just don't like the girl but I don't know why. Discuss.

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 19-Nov-10 22:43:54

She is an annoying twat?

Memoo Fri 19-Nov-10 22:45:46

because she is made from a fearn based cotton, must be itchy

Memoo Fri 19-Nov-10 22:45:48

because she is made from a fern based cotton, must be itchy

Memoo Fri 19-Nov-10 22:46:14

oop

Maisiethemorningsidecat Fri 19-Nov-10 22:48:21

She's up there with Mequita Oliver - that sort of yoof thing they do whilst every so slightly slurring their words. Makes my teeth ache.

PrincessBoo Fri 19-Nov-10 22:52:20

YANBU. She annoys the feck out of me. She's so bloomin' perky.

frozenfeline Fri 19-Nov-10 22:53:23

YANBU. She gets on my nerves!

SalFresco Fri 19-Nov-10 23:00:23

YANBU. Can't stand her. No good reason why.

TheSkiingGardener Fri 19-Nov-10 23:03:19

WHO is she?

<out of touch emoticon>

Lovecat Fri 19-Nov-10 23:04:14

Nostrils of Death, according to DH.

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 19-Nov-10 23:06:20

LOL LOveCat.

HalfTermHero Fri 19-Nov-10 23:06:48

I honestly like her. She is a female who has traded off being a little quirky as opposed to the usual brain dead fodder who just whack their tits out for the expected wank fest required for a woman to prosper in the entertainment sector. Good on her for being different. God bless you, Fern.

YourCallIsImportant Fri 19-Nov-10 23:11:41

HTH you're in the minority. I'm not yet convinced that IABU.

HalfTermHero Fri 19-Nov-10 23:12:48

accepted but deep down you know that yabu grin

icapturethecastle Fri 19-Nov-10 23:22:26

I really like her - especially on Radio 1. She has such an enthusiasm that I think is really believable.

Maisiethemorningsidecat Fri 19-Nov-10 23:23:13

She's medicated up to her eyeballs - that's why she's enthusiastic

Memoo Fri 19-Nov-10 23:30:57

do you mean drugged????

Rannaldini Fri 19-Nov-10 23:32:27

sounds like grotbags

domeafavour Fri 19-Nov-10 23:33:52

I can't stand her either, and I don't dislike many. I don't know why either!

BollocksToThis Fri 19-Nov-10 23:35:05

YANBU. Face I'd never tire of punching.

LeonardNimoy Fri 19-Nov-10 23:36:02

YANBU. She looks and sounds like one of those girls at secondary school who was always spoiling for a fight (IMHO!)

POFAKKEDDthechair Fri 19-Nov-10 23:38:14

I like her too.

Jareth Fri 19-Nov-10 23:41:20

You're all 'orrible!!

bloody hell people confused wtf is wrong with you all?

Not like it's Peaches Geldof presenting or anything wink

silverten Sat 20-Nov-10 08:50:14

I've actually thought about this quite a bit cos she turned up on something I used to regularly enjoy and I couldn't bear to watch it any more. My reasons are:

1) talks a lot of rubbish without actual substance about anything she's presenting. If you close your eyes and just listen to what she's saying it tends to be a stream of vapid 'Whoa, that's just, like, amazing, yeah?' It's the aural equivalent of pink sparkly candyfloss.

2) apparently she is related to someone quite high up in the Beeb which may be why she ended up on the telly without much ability to say anything of interest. Not that she is the only person on the telly who got their break that way, but it still irritates.

3) [judgy pants engaged for this one] for children's TV presenter she generally wears clothes that would be more suitable to a Saturday night out on the tiles- and massive amounts of clown-like make-up. I don't know why this annoys me so much but it does. I suppose I think that it is unnecessary to pile on the slap at 8.30 on a Saturday morning.

4) She also has several tatoos (which to be fair are covered up when she's doing the children's stuff as far as I can see, but they are quite obvious in pictures in the paper and so on). I feel that it isn't particularly helpful for a presenter who is going to be a bit of an icon to some children to have these- some of them are going to end up thinking from a young age that it's OK to daub your body with permanent images. Whilst I have no particular problem with tatoos or tatooed people I dislike the idea that children might be 'encouraged' to get them too early in their lives, before they've grown up a bit and decided whether they want to follow the crowd or not.

Yes, I probably need to get a life. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: