Talk

Advanced search

to be unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Edward Cullen at 30 years old?!

(67 Posts)
wintersnow Fri 19-Nov-10 20:58:40

I realise he is a fictional teenage vampire but I can't help it!

Exogenesis Fri 19-Nov-10 21:00:00

Yes. grin

ThatllDoPig Fri 19-Nov-10 21:00:46

YABU! He is an emotionally manipulative bully. With stupid hair.

ThePork Fri 19-Nov-10 21:15:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Fri 19-Nov-10 21:16:16

YABVVVVVVVU!
Horrid, possessive, manipulative stalkerish wierdo type. I'd lock my daughter in the under stair cupboard if she brought him home!
Crappy character in a crappy book which gives The wrong messages to vulnerable teenagers!
And while we are on the subject, get the boy a damned good eyebrow wax!

AnnieLobeseder Fri 19-Nov-10 21:17:16

<shudders> He's revolting!

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Fri 19-Nov-10 21:18:14

If you must love a fictional vampire, can I point you in the direction of Anne Rice? She has real vamps made from real men who do exactly what vampires are supposed to!

gapbear Fri 19-Nov-10 21:18:48

YABU
Ick.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Fri 19-Nov-10 21:18:57

Or even charlaine Harris! Eric is to die for!!!

SalFresco Fri 19-Nov-10 21:19:51

I'll back you up and say YANBU if I'm allowed to be similarly smitten with Aiden from X-factor. At the age of 31 blush blush blush blush

SleepingLion Fri 19-Nov-10 21:21:31

YABVU

Simply because as sexy fictional vampires go, he is at the very bottom of a bloody long list.

I present for your delectation:

Damon Salvatore

The True Blood boys

Angel and Spike

all of whom make Edward Cullen look like exactly what he is - a sulky, passive aggressive control freak of a teenager...

LaWeaselMys Fri 19-Nov-10 21:23:45

Ah, Damon.

Not that he's obsessive too or anything.

PhishFoodAddiction Fri 19-Nov-10 21:26:26

sleeping lion DH ordered true blood from lovefilm...the first disc came, it only had 2 episodes on it!No more have come yet angry It seemed really good though and I do think that vampire (Is he called Bill?) is pretty hot grin

OP YADBU wrt Edward Cullen- he's not very sexy for a vampire...and that sparkling in the sun was so silly!

SalFresco I had a bit of a thing for Aiden too blush just something about him...

OTTMummA Fri 19-Nov-10 21:27:33

I'll have them all ta very much grin

What i wouldn't do.

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 19-Nov-10 21:28:14

YANBU....I heart Edward Cullen and I shall be 34 next week

<Joan Collins emoticon>

IWillCountToThree Fri 19-Nov-10 21:28:46

YES

If you must, then Jacob all the way. I'm 30 too btw!

Tidey Fri 19-Nov-10 21:28:57

Oooooh, Angel and Spike any day.

SalFresco Fri 19-Nov-10 21:31:28

PhishFoodAddiction glad I'm not alone.

DH called me a cougar blush blush blush but I just love him. And I've never fancied anyone younger before.

PhishFoodAddiction Fri 19-Nov-10 21:33:58

SalFresco grin at cougar! My DH just called me sad! I'm 27, can I be a cougar too?!

IWillCountToThree Fri 19-Nov-10 21:39:54

Emmet: Yes, despite sparkles!
Angel: Yes
Spike: Yes
Damon: Yes please!
Guy out of True Blood, not so much.

As my bf would say, 'Sparkly Vampires, WTF??'

flibbertigibbert Fri 19-Nov-10 21:40:46

YABVU.

I find the Twilight films very disturbing and I hate the thought of young girls seeing behaviour like Edward's as acceptable in a relationship. He's controlling and possessive.

wintersnow Fri 19-Nov-10 21:41:29

Funny thing is I don't actually fancy the real life Robert Pattinson (ok I do but only a little bit) but get kind of obsessed with Edward whenever I read the books/watch the films!!!!

SalFresco Fri 19-Nov-10 21:42:21

PhishFoodAddiction I'm afraid the official definition of "cougar" specifies a woman in her 30's...so I just squeak in grin

DH called me sad too, but I don't care. He's just so beautiful [inappropriate dreamy lust emoticon]

OTTMummA Fri 19-Nov-10 21:44:18

Wintersnow IKWYM, first time i heard RobP on t.v interview, i was like,, hmmm, nope definately more into 'Edward'.
Can't explain it, maybe i just like anemic, brooding looking fellas haha!

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 19-Nov-10 21:45:36

I really don't get all the fuss over how Edward behaves...it is fiction

If he made me come every time we shagged, I wouldn't care how brooding and possessive he got grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: