Talk

Advanced search

to think the little girls for waybuloo are preselected based on pinkness?

(14 Posts)
RJandA Fri 19-Nov-10 18:12:08

I don't really know how they do it, but I don't think I've ever seen a girl on it who isn't wearing pink. Sometimes it's just the shoes but it's still there.

I know Girls Not In Pink exist because I've seen them on Driver Dan. smile

ComingDownTheChimmley Fri 19-Nov-10 18:14:49

the girls are not preselected for pinkness but the clothing is - Is this what you are saying?

RJandA Fri 19-Nov-10 18:23:07

Ha! Yes, that's what I mean. Why is there never a girl on it who isn't wearing pink?

redrobin Fri 19-Nov-10 18:28:26

gosh i totally disagree, i think they wear loads of bright colours! (must examine my eyes!)

PrematureEjoculation Fri 19-Nov-10 18:32:02

they wear lots of bright colours - it usually looks quite Bodenesque.

they also, i note, wear leggings under dresses so that their knickers don't show whilst they do yogo.

my favourite Waybuloo dress is the one with a big strawberry on the front.

i think in actual fact it merely refelcts that girls clothes are generally ae in pink more than other colours.

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 19-Nov-10 18:33:10

They wear lots of spots.

ItsJustMyOpinion Fri 19-Nov-10 18:36:48

I can't stand waybuloo, but that is irrelevent. I think the children are all child actors, and the clothes are chosen by the wardrobe department. But I do agree with you RJ, there is an awful lot of pink!!!

RJandA Fri 19-Nov-10 18:37:45

I totally agree, they wear lots of colours. But honestly, I have been watching carefully for a few weeks and EVERY girl ALWAYS has pink somewhere on them.

I know most girls like pink, but there must be some who sometimes don't wear pink? Like I say, I've seen it on Driver Dan, lots, so why never ever on waybuloo?

Betcha tomorrow they'll have a load of girls in combat trousers and blue t-shirts, just to make me look stupid grin

PrematureEjoculation Fri 19-Nov-10 18:38:09

aren't all the chibies kids of the production crew?

snowflake69 Fri 19-Nov-10 19:21:12

Waybuloo is just a drugged up programme in general. What with all the chimes, the big eyes and the writhing around sighing.

In reference to the kids they are probably actors its like that get a grown up programme thing where they all live in mansions and are really posh. They never have normal people on there so its probably a set up.

ComingDownTheChimmley Fri 19-Nov-10 19:22:34

I think it's a bit meditative with the floating and whatnot, a bit Zen

RJandA Fri 19-Nov-10 19:32:40

That would make sense prem, I have also wondered about what happens when the little Cheebies turn up for filming, all excited about meeting their little waybuloo friends, only to have their innocence shattered.

Also I had noticed that they get recycled... thought maybe they all lived in a prison on the other side of the hill or something.

AuntieBulgaria Fri 19-Nov-10 21:51:56

I read an article that said that the voices we hear don't belong to the small actors we see.

The kids shown in the show are Glaswegians.

pinkthechaffinch Fri 19-Nov-10 22:06:25

can't stand the music to Waybuloo, and it's sooo sickly, honestly it makes 'In the Night Garden' look gritty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: