Talk

Advanced search

to really really hate children in need?

(111 Posts)
NordicPrincess Fri 19-Nov-10 12:34:21

Am I the only one who dreads children in need night? I cant stand it, what a waste of tv time. And it goes on so long! I hate that stupid bear

Grump grump grumpty grump

juneybean Fri 19-Nov-10 12:34:56

I used to like it when I was a child but now I avoid it

fedupofnamechanging Fri 19-Nov-10 12:36:08

You are not alone. On the bright side, friday night is shit for telly anyway, so we are not missing much (and I have the Wire on DVD to watch anyway)

Sidge Fri 19-Nov-10 12:37:00

Well don't watch it then.

There are about 273646 other channels to watch!

grin

MardyBra Fri 19-Nov-10 12:37:13

In a nutshell?
Good cause.
Crap Telly

nickelpombear Fri 19-Nov-10 12:37:56

bearbearbear

NordicPrincess Fri 19-Nov-10 12:38:35

i dont, but i dont have many channels either. why is friday night shit tv night?

and when is dr who starting?

glad to know im not alone

tinierclanger Fri 19-Nov-10 12:38:46

What does it actually do? Because I can't bear to watch the telly stuff, I have no idea where the money goes.

JustDoMyLippyThenWeWillGo Fri 19-Nov-10 12:39:42

YANBU, I spend every day funding and looking after children in need (mine) and I hate the way that they are supposed to dress up in stupid spots and make me bake and witter on about how much I hate it all, but secretly inside, in case rl people think I am callous and a witch. Perish the thought.

Phew, that's better.

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 19-Nov-10 12:39:48

I have never watched it.

It's a crock of shit.

Think the same about Comic Relief as well.

But then i am a miserable humourless bastard.

Iklboo Fri 19-Nov-10 12:40:24

I do sometimes get a bit annoyed when a sleb who has the money to buy the entire village new houses/schools/running hot & cold water does the sad face and tries to guilt trip me into giving more than I can afford. But I'm contrary. It's a very good cause and some bits of it are good to watch. We record it and start watching about 9pm so we can fast forward the bits we don't want to watch.

daftpunk Fri 19-Nov-10 12:40:46

Yanbu - it gets on my tits.

All those millionaires telling us to donate

Naff off ....

existenceisfutile Fri 19-Nov-10 12:41:04

My ds1 has been in need all his life and there was never any help available for him. We've just had to muddle through by ourselves without any support or advice/help.

I dunno who the kids are who get help through Children in Need, but I just feel bloody aggrieved, so I don't bother with it.

madonnawhore Fri 19-Nov-10 12:41:59

YANBU it's shit and it's rubbish and I hate how it has to bugger up the schedules for the WHOLE NIGHT.

SuePurblybiltByElves Fri 19-Nov-10 12:43:27

I never watch it as I always hate the people on it - it's for children to watch really isn't it? But His Terryness is my fave so I may have it as background while I'm mnetting working tonight.

wannaBe Fri 19-Nov-10 12:45:19

well, I can see that one might not like the television programme, but to say that you dread it? really? hmm

Charity is a personal thing and no-one should be made to feel obliged to give if they don't feel it's riight for them. I hate oxfam and would never give to them, for instance, and that is my choice.

but there's far worse shite on the television that goes on for far longer - I'm a has-been celeb, for instance.

ChickensHaveNoLips Fri 19-Nov-10 12:45:49

YANBU. I have an irrational urge to punch that sodding smug bear right in the kisser.

ChippingIn Fri 19-Nov-10 12:47:13

Cor - you lot got out of the wrong side of bed this morning! It's a bit of fun to raise money for children who need help. If more people donated, more children would benefit.

I'd sooner watch that than DrWho!

wannaBe Fri 19-Nov-10 12:49:58

yes dr who is indeed shite.

I actually like the cause and do watch it. My personal issue is that we need charities like children in need in the first place - so much of what they provide should be available on the nhs, for instance.

123honey Fri 19-Nov-10 12:50:54

I've never watched it.

Now I never shall!

We get people in bear suits at a traffic bottleneck with their buckets collecting change. That's the only time I'm aware it is CiN day.

ChickensHaveNoLips Fri 19-Nov-10 12:51:19

Chipping, I am indeed in a truly shitty mood. I blame the moon <scowls>

emy72 Fri 19-Nov-10 12:52:29

I just hate the way we are extorted money for each of our children.

Each child has had to bring to school:

- a donation to buy a bun
- a donation to make a bear full of coins
- a donation to be dressed spotty
- a donation to buy children's arefacts at the end of the day
- a general donation to children in need

With 4 children I think this is a little OTT......

NordicPrincess Fri 19-Nov-10 12:53:10

thing is if i wanted to donate i would, its the equivilant of bringing begging in to your living room (until you turn it off)

God that sounded a bit much, hey ho.

I hate tv charity events.

Never realised it was for children, if so why is it on so late?

theevildead2 Fri 19-Nov-10 12:53:38

I quite like it when Pudsey does the running man

2shoes Fri 19-Nov-10 12:55:26

I like the idea of it as it helps kids like dd, and her school get involved, but I hate the whole forced part of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now