Talk

Advanced search

to think that cbeebies could try and not repeat the same episode many times a day

(8 Posts)
rebl Fri 19-Nov-10 11:29:07

I'm having to endure cbeebies for whole days at a time with an injured child who can't go to school and can't really play much and is pretty much confined to the sofa.

cbeebies which is all he will watch is just torture to the poor adult who has to sit and watch the same episodes of all the same programs numerous times a day. Not to mention that childrens tv is poor at the best of times!

AIBU to expect a variation in the episodes shown, it really can't be that difficult can it?

notnowbernard Fri 19-Nov-10 11:30:36

yours are esceptional circumstances though

most people in their right mind would not have it on all day, it's like torture

silverfrog Fri 19-Nov-10 11:30:40

oh that sounds hard, rebl.

how is your ds? and how is school going (other than injury - hope he is ok?)

cobbledtogether Fri 19-Nov-10 11:30:41

I hear your pain.

Do you have a DVD player or PC with iPlayer?

BooBooGlass Fri 19-Nov-10 11:30:43

Yabu. I think the whole point is to emphasise that dc should not be watching it al day, so when a repeat comes on they get up and do something else

AlrightStill Fri 19-Nov-10 11:31:49

they repeat the morning programmes in the afternoon so that children in nursery do not miss their favourite programmes(or so i was told when i asked why)

curlymama Fri 19-Nov-10 11:32:12

YANBU, but most people that use cbeebies do only have it on for a short amount of time so it doesn't matter if they show the same episodes over and over. They probably do it to encoursge parents not to have the tv on all day. as much as they secretly might want that, it looks better on them this way.

Hope your dc is better soon.

rebl Fri 19-Nov-10 11:40:03

I certainly can't understand how people can have this cr@p on all day in the background or whatever, it would drive me bonkers!

I'm going to try and suggest a DVD after lunch.

boo Do you think that kids care? My ds certainly doesn't seem to care.

silverfrog Not sure how to answer the school question, the injury in question happened at school and no surprise there was a lack of following procedure. But then things were getting better and support was improving so I'm not sure where we stand on it all at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how they cope when he's ready to go back to school as he's going to need near enough 1:1 all day as he can't do much now by himself and won't be able until the New Year at the earliest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now