Talk

Advanced search

To think that if a job is no longer available ..

(8 Posts)
SamJones Thu 18-Nov-10 17:58:11

....it shouldn't still be advertised?

I spent a long time preparing an application for a job that it advertised in at least 2 places online only to be told when I tried to submit my details that the position is no longer available.

So why is it still advertised???

Can do nothing about it I know - its just hugely frustrating, especially as I was really enthusiastic about that one....

Ho hum....back to the drawing board....

AgentZigzag Thu 18-Nov-10 18:03:04

Could where it's being advertised have made a mistake?

SamJones Thu 18-Nov-10 21:18:50

Its possible - but it is on 2 separate job sites.

I have calmed down now though - it's just one of those things. smile

electra Thu 18-Nov-10 21:21:04

yanbu

anonymosity Thu 18-Nov-10 21:34:18

YANBU
Its possible that it was never available (i.e filled internally) but that by law they had to advertise it and "look at applications". BBC does this all the time.

jkklpu Thu 18-Nov-10 22:18:57

Sometimes organisations restructure their plans after they've paid for ads to go out. And sometimes it's just recruitment agents looking for CVs they can put to their clients when real jobs do come up.

3beagles Thu 18-Nov-10 22:20:48

I sympathise. I went for an interview a few weeks ago. Didn't get it - fair and square. I then got an email saying the post had been withdrawn anyway confused. Why would I need to know that a job I didn't get didn't exist anymore???

Portofino Thu 18-Nov-10 22:23:58

YANBU. I have had interviews for jobs which ceased to exist afterwards. It could be that I am just crap and that is what they tell me, but whatever, I put myself out to be somewhere. If it is truly that I am unsuitable for some reason I would rather they told me why so I could try to do something about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: