Talk

Advanced search

want my new bf to come round tonight? AIBU

(8 Posts)
chosenonetosurvivethenight Thu 18-Nov-10 15:58:05

im honestly not sure!!! please be honest- background separated from ex H been with new man 3 months, all going well very happy etc he says he wants a future with me, wants us to be long term etc. Ive recently wondered if he's set in his ways and just wanting me and DC to slot into his life or whether he would make some sacrafises too, he says he will and very much see's me as a package (not yet met DC). Anyway ive not seen him since the weekend due to work commitments so felt a bit fed up so text him asking to come over when DC asleep ( 15 min drive but would have to drive home later) he said as much as he loves me, no as he's on earlies and wants a bath and chill as he's up early again in the morning!!! AIBU to expect him to make the effort if he really loves me or in danger of being a conrolling nightmare!

BigWelt Thu 18-Nov-10 16:01:33

MrsWelt is in extreme danger of being told where to go for doing the same thing.

Sarsaparilllla Thu 18-Nov-10 16:01:48

I can understand his point if he's got to be at work early in the morning tbh, give him a break, you've only known him 3 months, I would debabte if anyone knows they 'really love' each other after such a short space of time.

KurriKurri Thu 18-Nov-10 16:04:26

Not wanting a late night when you are on an early shift, is very reasonable, give him a break, and calm down grin

BertieBotts Thu 18-Nov-10 16:11:39

He didn't just say "no" he said "much as I love you..." and gave a good reason (having to be up for work) - that's a very GOOD sign.

Relax, I think you should give him a break But would not be unreasonable to send another text back saying "I understand. It's a shame though, I miss you! When are you free/do you want to come over at the weekend/etc"

chosenonetosurvivethenight Thu 18-Nov-10 16:50:06

thanks ladies- ive calmed right down now!!!

overmydeadbody Thu 18-Nov-10 16:54:01

YABU glad you have calmed down.

It is very early days. And it is good that he is willing to say no early on.

huddspur Thu 18-Nov-10 17:01:56

YABU if he's on an early shift then he'll want an early night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now