Talk

Advanced search

in not wanting to exchange bracelet

(4 Posts)
Fibilou Tue 16-Nov-10 23:43:06

DH bought me a very beautiful, antique 1930s seed pearl and diamond bracelet as a gift on our wedding day in 2007. Unfortunately it is extremely delicate and the filigree mesh that holds the pearls on his come adrift several times, needing repair. I can only wear it when I know I am not going to do anything which might damage it - eg a restaurant dinner where I am going to drink very little and take a taxi/car back home. I am terrified of some harm coming to it as it was very expensive. I have probably worn it 20 times in 3 years

DH wants me to take it back to the jewellers and to exchange it for something less delicate that I can wear more often. I can see his point and while I would like to have something else, it is of huge sentimental value to me and I love it. I couldn't bear to see it go

AIBU to dig my heels in or should I get something else as DH suggests

AnyFuleKno Tue 16-Nov-10 23:44:22

of course you're not being unreasonable

A1980 Tue 16-Nov-10 23:44:26

Dig your heels in!

solo Tue 16-Nov-10 23:47:04

Keep it and just wear it as you have been or get it looked at and repaired/strengthened. I have pieces I never wear through fear of losing them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now