Talk

Advanced search

Is the grass always greener?

(8 Posts)
isthere Mon 15-Nov-10 21:29:27

I have been with dp for along time,you grow old together and you love their ways and the fact they have gained a few pounds or have grey hairs but do you ever think umm if I had George Clooney would it be different.

Aibu?

SheWillBeLoved Mon 15-Nov-10 21:31:08

YANBU. But to answer your question, no, it's not always greener. Usually always just a trick of the light wink

onceamai Mon 15-Nov-10 22:28:55

It is until you get there.

FunnysInTheGarden Mon 15-Nov-10 22:33:16

YANBU, but GC is a serial bachelor. I wouldn't fancy my chances. Esp since I have gained a few pounds and have a plethora of grey hairs

Wottknott Mon 15-Nov-10 22:55:34

I think CG is a modern day Rock Hudson. You just don't know which side of the grass is greener, or who will be sitting there on the deck chair with you. It might not be all you wished for. Stick to what is true and work with that. wink

thesecondcoming Mon 15-Nov-10 23:05:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mumcentreplus Mon 15-Nov-10 23:06:49

Nope!...they may have even more irritating habits and sometimes it's better the devil you know and who knows you! wink

Olifin Tue 16-Nov-10 00:01:13

Agree with wottknott re GC!

I have been with OH for a long while and identify with much of what you say. I've recently been seriously tempted by someone else I am having to work very hard at reminding myself that, although the grass looks greener, I would doubtless find it wasn't when I got there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now