Talk

Advanced search

...to think that MNers have an amazing sense of humour?

(24 Posts)
TrillianAstra Sun 14-Nov-10 17:49:41

If it is possible to make generalisations about such a diverse group, that is.

Lovey dovey thread, I shall say <boak> in advance shall I?

lollipopshoes Sun 14-Nov-10 17:50:40

I think you have to have a certain sense of humour to survive around here

grin

YANBU hun wink

HecateQueenOfWitches Sun 14-Nov-10 17:52:44

Intelligent humour, that's what I like about mners. It's nice to see brains. I like to come on MN to remind myself that there are actually intelligent people out there still.

KerryMumbles Sun 14-Nov-10 17:53:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrillianAstra Sun 14-Nov-10 17:53:15

Haha - imagine NetMums-style AIBU - no-one would ever tell someone they were unreasonable.

HumphreyCobbler Sun 14-Nov-10 17:55:23

YANBU

as a group they are witty, intelligent and articulate

<gavel>

gibbberish Sun 14-Nov-10 17:55:41

There certainly seems to be an above average number of very, very funny people on mn.

Save your vomit. It was a well deserved hunfest comment.

TrillianAstra Sun 14-Nov-10 17:58:57

An example of humour in the face of adversity here.

You've been seeing a guy and you think he likes you, and you get a text clearly meant for another woman. Do you:

a) Cry

b) Shout and scream

c) Set up a fake date and arrange for a random woman off the internet to watch as he realises he has been stood up?

Itsjustafleshwound Sun 14-Nov-10 18:00:06

I have read some unbelievably funny threads (some have been inadvertently funny) and some amazing funny put downs... I think a thick skin and the ability to defend your opinion is all that is required ...

AnakisT Sun 14-Nov-10 18:03:01

YANBU

<confession time>

I came here from Netmums. I had heard of this magical sweary place whisper style from NM. I finally left when the one good funny thread ended up being moderated and the OP made to say sorry. hmm

I went and had a look at NM's recently and was violently ill when assaulted with shiny happy tickers.

TrillianAstra Sun 14-Nov-10 18:05:56

Magical sweary place grin do you only mention it to trusted associates, hoping and praying that they won't say 'how awful, nest of vipers, they are all itches'? grin

GrimmaTheNome Sun 14-Nov-10 18:06:38

> It's nice to see brains

Only if you're a neurosurgeon <shudder>

TrillianAstra Sun 14-Nov-10 18:17:40

Ba-doom!

See, MNers are hilarious grin

AnakisT Sun 14-Nov-10 18:30:04

grin at nest of vipers.

Oblomov Sun 14-Nov-10 18:30:16

Some of the quick wit is startling.
F**K FUNNY.

TrillianAstra Sun 14-Nov-10 18:34:44

I was certainly startled there...

GrimmaTheNome Mon 15-Nov-10 12:17:15

Mind you, sometimes its same old

TartyMcFarty Mon 15-Nov-10 12:19:14

It's fantastic. I tend to be a lurker rather than a poster as I don't have that quick wit, but you're right, it's very entertaining.

FindingMyMojo Mon 15-Nov-10 12:20:00

it's the excellent humour & wit that has me hooked!

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 15-Nov-10 12:21:20

I got in trouble with a Netmummer in RL recently. She asked me what Mumsnet was like and I said 'The posters are very intelligent' and she said 'And the people on Netmums aren't?'

no idea what I should have said. just dug myself into a very very deep hole.

Alaya Tue 16-Nov-10 10:13:14

I would have told her that Netmums members are obviously far too busy making cutesy little faces while using a riduclously twee voice to make their DCs look at them as though they're crazy giggle to even dream of spending any time proving that any intelligence was present. That's just me though.

Blatherskite Tue 16-Nov-10 10:18:59

Ah, Shiney's Penguin thread. That one had me weeping with tears grin

ChristmasTrulyReigns Tue 16-Nov-10 10:36:04

MN has transformed me - I rarely laugh aloud.

Now I do it every night.

grin

SlightlyJaded Tue 16-Nov-10 10:42:28

<agrees wholeheartedly>

It's funny though, not that many of the mums I meet in RL - in the playground etc - seem to have the same sharp wit that is so evident here. I sometimes wish I could be surrounded by more MNers in real life but then I get to wondering whether people are just more witty in 'type' so to speak. I think I probably am just because I would be too scared polite to respond with some of the remarks I make on here in RL hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now