Talk

Advanced search

To have made DH sleep on the sofa?

(12 Posts)
ShadeofViolet Sun 14-Nov-10 10:00:43

I went out for a meal last night with some friends, leaving DH with the children (9,3 and 2). He was ging to watch the boxing and have a couple of his mates over.

I got back about 12.30 - DH is absolutely wasted and had been smoking weed too. I was so mad I made him sleep on the sofa.

WIBU? I dont think I am. If he wants to do that stuff thats fine, but not in my house and definately not when he is supposed to be looking after the children.

mummynoseynora Sun 14-Nov-10 10:03:09

not unreasonable at all - twat!

I would be up and about bright and early and making LOTS of noise too! Encourage the kids to jump on him grin

ShadeofViolet Sun 14-Nov-10 10:05:15

DS1 was very upset this morning - said it was too loud to sleep last night

Twilightfan1 Sun 14-Nov-10 10:05:57

YANBU....I would show my DH the door if he ever did that!!

BollocksToThis Sun 14-Nov-10 10:07:21

YANBU. Letting him sleep on the sofa was pretty generous IMO.

WriterofDreams Sun 14-Nov-10 10:07:27

This is way out of line - what if one of the children had been injured or got ill? Getting drunk/stoned while in charge of children is really irresponsible. Is this the first time this has happened? Is DH the dad of your kids?

Littlepurpleprincess Sun 14-Nov-10 10:07:52

shock Why are you with this man? What he did was dangerous and illegal. Don't ever leave your DC's with him again!

Bloodymary Sun 14-Nov-10 10:37:32

What a twat.
It is made even worse by the fact that your DS1 was upset.
Maybe next time you have a night out, you will have to call in a babysitter, and make him pay. (plus a good tip).
If he moans (which he will), just say 'well you cannot be trusted'.
Good luck.

SkeletonFlowers Sun 14-Nov-10 10:41:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pjmama Sun 14-Nov-10 10:48:09

Absolutely unacceptable. If he doesn't see that, then I'd never trust him again. What he did was selfish and irresponsible and could well have put your children in danger if there had been emergency.

Stupid, stupid man.

ChaoticChristmasAngelCrackers Sun 14-Nov-10 10:53:46

YANBU Having a couple of drinks is one thing, getting wasted/stoned is out of order.

saffy85 Sun 14-Nov-10 10:58:11

YADNBU mind you my DP wouldn't even have got the sofa! I'd have sent him home with his mates.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: