Talk

Advanced search

aunt bessies lemon meringue pie

(20 Posts)
lilyliz Sat 13-Nov-10 17:07:18

AIBU to expect a frozen pie that is not cooked to have that information emblazoned in large letters on the front of the box.I have just had friends leave who I was giving lunch to and thought I'd get a cake for afters,I picked the above and was horrified to open the box and find out it took 1 hour to cook(friends rolling on the floor at that one).Wee tiny writing finally found that says it's not cooked,f**k you Aunt Bessie

nickelpombear Sat 13-Nov-10 17:07:54

i agree, actually.

deaddei Sat 13-Nov-10 17:09:03

Some would say it serves you right for not getting up at the crack of dawn, rolling out your own shortcrust and whisking your egg whites.
But i wouldn't. smile

gapbear Sat 13-Nov-10 17:09:07

YANBU

Though it is lush (once you've cooked it...)

lilyliz Sat 13-Nov-10 17:12:46

also mine should have been labellAunt Bessies Hardly Any Meringue Pie,it was a bit skimpy on the meringue.

turnitup Sat 13-Nov-10 17:14:36

YABU

Serves you right for serving that to guests shock wink

LadyThumb Sat 13-Nov-10 17:37:19

I made the same mistake with her Scrumptious Apple Pie. It's only when you turn the box over can you see, in tiny letters, "how to cook from frozen". Swizz really!

GetOrfMoiLand Sat 13-Nov-10 17:38:11

lol at fuck you aunt bessie.

Joolyjoolyjoo Sat 13-Nov-10 17:41:49

I just assumed all frozen lemon meringue pies(or "boomerang" pies, as the dc call them) had to be cooked first? Did you not notice it had no defrosting instructions? Or was it to be served frozen? Oh well, never mind- you can now have it all to yourself grin

glammanana Sat 13-Nov-10 18:06:51

Iceland lemon meringue pie "FAB"

GeruptaSingh Sat 13-Nov-10 19:47:16

That happened to me once.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lilyliz Sun 14-Nov-10 01:11:11

Joolyjoo,when in a hurry on a sat morning I am like a child with a comic,I only look at the pictures,all the other cakes were were ready to defrost so why not this one.Plus it has now made me the joke of the group and that I will never forgive until the next person makes a blunder(which knowing us will be next week)but it did give us all a bloody good laugh

MrsBonkers Sun 14-Nov-10 01:59:28

Give them arctic roll instead wink

BitOfFun Sun 14-Nov-10 02:13:18

Happened to me once too. Fuck you Aunt Bessie indeed.

PyramidofScotcheggs Sun 14-Nov-10 02:23:17

I reckon Aunt Bessie is a right bitch, so YANBU, bet she is laughing at you.
Her food is all a bit grim and you can just taste the not quite home made in it.
Mmeringue is gross so YABU for purchasing that food.

Next time get a Tarte au chocolate, a tub of clotted cream and be done, oh, and don't invite anyone over.grin

MadamDeathstare Sun 14-Nov-10 02:48:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

muggglewump Sun 14-Nov-10 03:02:11

Ugh, make a different dessert, meringue is a nasty foodstuff.

MadamDeathstare Sun 14-Nov-10 14:11:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lilyliz Mon 15-Nov-10 16:50:51

actually years ago when first married I bought what I thought was an apple turnover and a tin of custard for DH dinner(trying to impress you know) turned out iut was a bridie but I had already served it to him,kept him in laughs for long enough.

overmydeadbody Mon 15-Nov-10 17:11:00

YABU. On so many levels.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: