Talk

Advanced search

to want my £7.32 lottery win in cash?

(15 Posts)
kittya Sat 13-Nov-10 14:56:52

Ive just been to Tescos to get some bits. While I was at the counter, I remembered I had a Euro ticket and asked the guy to check it. For three numbers I got £7.32. When I gave him my card to pay the bill he had taken the said amount off the bill. I asked for the cash but he said it makes not difference and debitted my card for my bill minus my lottery winnings.

I wanted that £7.32 in my purse!!

Am I just being hormonal?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 13-Nov-10 15:02:52

Probably.

fedupofnamechanging Sat 13-Nov-10 15:04:16

He should have asked you. It's your money, not his.

musicposy Sat 13-Nov-10 15:05:47

I would want it in cash too. I know it makes no difference really, but I'd still want to see it! Otherwise it just feels like they've given you a bit of money off your shopping.

YANBU

highhopes2010 Sat 13-Nov-10 15:19:30

he should of asked you.shops these days are making me so mad.I wanted a scratch card the other day and my ds (9yrs)was pointing at his dad in the doorway.when i got to the till(i had been standing in the front of the que).the assistant told me i couldnt have one as my son had just pointed at them????i said "no,he pointed at his dad"she said no again.i said get the manager.she proceeded to loudly(then she needed to)say to the other assistant "ring the manager",who then told her to ring him herself(ha).while it was ringing she said "i can sell you a different one???-a different one from what i said.she saaid from what your son pointed at?i looked at her confusedthen said forget it.and i stormed off!

phipps Sat 13-Nov-10 15:22:58

YANBU.

You might have wanted it in cash so you had some cash. Was it Tesco?

phipps Sat 13-Nov-10 15:23:45

highhopes- she probably said she could sell you a different one because she knew she was being a twat.

kittya Sat 13-Nov-10 15:34:33

I had to go to the cash point and get a tenner out!!! [confused} so, I was abit annoyed.

ChippingIn Sat 13-Nov-10 15:57:19

Phipps - I think this was the clue Ive just been to Tescos grin

Kittya - he was out of order. The money might have been yours and the debit card from a joint account. It's your money - your choice anyway. He was being a complete twat.

kittya Sat 13-Nov-10 16:39:20

I guess it wouldve been worse if it had been my credit card.

Tanith Sat 13-Nov-10 16:45:25

I thought you meant 7.32 MILLION!!
"Wow!" I thought "How can she ask for that in CASH?!"

I don't think you're being unreasonable. Wish it HAD been 7.32 million for you, though grin

kittya Sat 13-Nov-10 16:46:44

can you imagine getting cash back for that amount? grin

mumbar Sat 13-Nov-10 16:53:37

when he asked if you wanted cash back you should have said 'yes please £7.32' grin

lilyliz Sat 13-Nov-10 17:16:16

he should have asked,and I agree with Mumbar.

phipps Sat 13-Nov-10 17:20:18

ChippingIn - grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: