Talk

Advanced search

Not aibu . . just a huge rant as v. angry

(5 Posts)
knackered76 Thu 11-Nov-10 12:43:16

I have just read this on the bbc website and I am disgusted/outraged/horrifed, etc.

A self-published guide giving advice to paedophiles that was on sale through online retailer Amazon is stirring up controversy, with some threatening to boycott the website.

The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover's Code of Conduct has now been removed from sale (it wasn't earlier this morning but thankfully they have been pressured into it).

I am angry that a company chooses to hide behind self righteous rubbish.

"Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable.

"Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts, however, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions."

What about the responsibility we have towards the weaker members of our society? What about our need to help protect those who can't protect themselves? I am sick of people not accepting responsibility for their actions and pretending they have nothing to do with the wider world. How is a book on how to be a pedophile EVER going to be right? By selling it you are putting children in danger. . . .

Am sooooooo angry just needed to rant, a lot!

TastesLikePanda Thu 11-Nov-10 12:46:44

See, I want to know what is in it before I judge. My first thought was of course 'yuk' but then I started wondering if it was a kind of 'help yourself to overcome these disgusting feelings' kind of thing.
So I'm a bit confused because if it is the latter and people are accepting that their behaviour is sick and they want help but don't know how to ask for it... then it might be a good thing IYSWIM.

QuoththeRaven Thu 11-Nov-10 12:46:57

its been taken off their site now.

been posted about many times, disgusting, but amazon seem to have seen the error of their ways.

TastesLikePanda Thu 11-Nov-10 12:47:27

Actually scrub that last post, heve just read the title properly and it does sound disgusting.
So YANBU

Tee2072 Thu 11-Nov-10 13:06:22

It has now been taken off the site and there is a lot of speculation that it was an FBI sting operation and not actually published by a pedophile.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: