Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be upset that someone stole my son's poppy?!

(13 Posts)
Bluebell99 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:02:55

Having a bad day today, but my ds who is 11 and in yr 7 came home from school and told me that he had taken 50p into school today from his own money and bought a poppy. He said that an older boy that he didn't know asked him if he could see his poppy, and so he showed him, and the older boy ran off with it. I hadn't known he had taken his money in to buy a poppy, but I am really shocked that a secondary aged pupil would steal a poppy! Obviously I have bought him another.

waterbaby100 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:04:19

do you believe him?

Bluebell99 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:09:23

Of course I do, why would he lie about that!OMG I am flabbergasted by your response. Obviously you don't know my son, i didn't even know he had bought a poppy, so why would he lie about it?

scottishmummy Wed 10-Nov-10 21:12:11

what a rotten thing to do

taintedpaint Wed 10-Nov-10 21:12:31

Chill Bluebell, it was just a question! And a reasonable one, children do tell porkies sometimes!

But assuming everything is true, YANBU, it's quite sad and totally missing the point of the poppy.

scottishmummy Wed 10-Nov-10 21:13:41

oh ease up with the interrogation and what ifs

waterbaby100 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:16:43

of course I don't know your son, how would I?? But, you know, kids have good intentions then the money gets spent on something else but he wants a poppy...or he wants you to think good of him... boys. The older kid was prob just having a 'laugh'. Not funny to adults but that's what kids/boys are like. Pretty sure he wasn't thinking about the bigger meaning of a poppy, Fields of Flanders etc when he took off with it.

GeneralissimoVonBobbington Wed 10-Nov-10 21:21:13

Am I the only one who thought the OP's puppy had been stolen? In my defence, it's been a long day.

TattyDevine Wed 10-Nov-10 21:27:07

FFS hmm

taintedpaint Wed 10-Nov-10 21:29:48

Oh yes, I clicked on this thinking I had read 'puppy'. Mighty glad it wasn't if I'm honest.

PinkieMinx Wed 10-Nov-10 21:30:14

I am not shocked - they steal worse - shitty behaviour though. Good on your boy for buying his own poppy, sounds like a sweetheart.

Goblinchild Wed 10-Nov-10 21:30:56

Welcome to your first Y7 negative experience. There will be many more along the way, hopefully mostly bloodless.

Bluebell99 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:56:37

Not my first negative experience tbh, that was being knocked to the ground on day 4 and called names by a Yr 9!
Thank you Scottishmummy and Pinkieminx.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now