Talk

Advanced search

for not being black ops

(13 Posts)
georginaish Wed 10-Nov-10 16:46:24

How many mothers of 11yr old boys are under pressure to buy this game for the xbox... he says that he is now being bullied because he cant have it.
unreal

minibmw2010 Wed 10-Nov-10 16:47:31

The new game that's got an 18 rating ?? Hmm, I think that sounds like he's trying to play you and tug on your strings ... I seriously doubt anyone is bullying him over a game.

grumpyvamps Wed 10-Nov-10 16:48:27

Really confused by your op - thought it was something to do with ethnic minorities and opening posts!

georginaish Wed 10-Nov-10 16:49:51

not just a violent gun game...

georginaish Wed 10-Nov-10 16:51:01

i do know that about 5 of his friends do have it.. so he feels its normal and i;m being unreasonable... they arent probably bullying him.. just teasing.. but this is the worst behaviour i have ever seen... ever

SecretNutellaFix Wed 10-Nov-10 16:51:20

Tell him that if he gets bullied for not having it then they aren't worth knowing.

FoundWanting Wed 10-Nov-10 16:52:06

We've had a lot of pressure from DS1 (12th birthday tomorrow), and a lot of very well-thought out arguments in his favour.

However, it is illegal for anyone to sell it to a person under 18 and it is illegal for anyone over 18 to buy it with the intention of giving it to someone under 18.

That is what I'm sticking to.

newwave Wed 10-Nov-10 16:52:59

If they are playing it online he probably feels left out, not part of the "in crowd" at 11 that is devestating

minibmw2010 Wed 10-Nov-10 16:54:30

It may be devestating, but he'll get over it .. It's an 18 game for a reason, it's been advertised as one of the most realistic, most violent games ever released.

bobb Wed 10-Nov-10 16:56:59

thats exactly it - he plays on line with his friends and can see what games they are all playing... so feels he's missing out - he just got a new xbox so perhaps that is why its particularly hard.. having felt top of the pile now feels bottom of it ... being 11 is hard

newwave Wed 10-Nov-10 16:58:38

Tell him that if he gets bullied for not having it then they aren't worth knowing.

That a little bit trite, remember how it was when you were 11.

BTW I am not saying he should have it.

PinkieMinx Wed 10-Nov-10 22:21:46

Agree newwave - taking higher ground does not work at 11 - just tell him to say my mum's a cowbag. They will symapathise. You're not BTW and totally in the right, but fact is 11 yr olds don't care.

webwiz Wed 10-Nov-10 22:33:05

Oh for goodness sake how many threads are on this! Every Xbox fan wanted Halo 3 a few weeks ago and there are loads of new games about to come out in the run up to Christmas. Its a marketing triumph that parents of children who aren't even teenagers feel bad for not buying their child a game with an 18 rating!!!

DS is 13 and no 18 rating games are allowed, we all know where we stand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now