Talk

Advanced search

To consider...

(6 Posts)
Mishy1234 Wed 10-Nov-10 13:34:45

taking a 2.8 yo to the ballet (Cinderella)?

DH's company fund tickets every Christmas for their staff and guest(s) to go to a seasonal production. DS is generally well behaved (in restaurants etc) and will sit quietly, but I've never taken him to anything in the theatre or cinema. I would definitely consider taking him to something blatantly child orientated, but not sure about the ballet as although it is a Christmas production there will be an adult audience too (although it is the matinee performance).

DH says he wants to take DS. I say wait until next year and give someone else the chance to have our tickets. I can't go with DH as bf DS2 atm.

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Nov-10 13:38:23

no, i wouldn't it'll be far too long to sit through, and if he isn't interested in it he'll prob play up a bit

jybay Wed 10-Nov-10 13:40:16

I think you're right & DH wrong. Your DS will be bored. Go next year.

minibmw2010 Wed 10-Nov-10 13:41:32

I would do a test with a trip to the kids cinema day .. if he can't sit through a childs movie that should interest him, he definitely won't be able to do the ballet (I'm not sure I could without falling asleep frankly).

elphabadefiesgravity Wed 10-Nov-10 13:41:55

Which production is it?

In general (I have a ballet mad dd) I would say that is too young for a full length production and classical ballet audiences usually expect quiet.

Mishy1234 Wed 10-Nov-10 14:01:54

It's the Scottish Ballet's production of Cinderella.

I agree with you all, I do think it will be too much. In fact, I don't really think he'd be ready (if interested at all) for another couple of years at least.

I will inform DH of the Mumsnet consensus!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: