Talk

Advanced search

to use my son as a pretext for spending quite some time watching the tree surgeons

(15 Posts)
MmeLindt Tue 09-Nov-10 11:26:44

in a neighbours garden?

Pwaaar.

I was thanking my lucky stars that I had DS home for lunch rather than DD.

ChippingIn Tue 09-Nov-10 11:27:29

YANBU

Do you have a digital camera grin

Poledra Tue 09-Nov-10 11:28:18

Perv. grin

Actually, I find it really difficult to watch my tree surgeons when they're working as I am terrified. Watvhing them swinging off ropes with a chainsaw in their hand just makes me want to stand there shouting 'Be careful, you'll fall! Put that saw DOWN!'

MmeLindt Tue 09-Nov-10 11:29:57

I considered using my mobile phone to take some photos for DS to take with him for his next Show and Tell.

blush

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 09-Nov-10 11:30:37

Of course you aren't. The tree surgeons came to DD's last school in the summer. That was even better, they worked shirtless and in shorts. Not sure about the health and safety aspect but lots of mother's were early to collect their children (and lingered after drop off) wink

MmeLindt Tue 09-Nov-10 11:31:26

Polendra
You have your OWN tree surgeons? Can I come and be your downstairs maid?

Poledra Tue 09-Nov-10 11:33:33

OK, they're not strictly speaking my tree surgeons, but they come twice a year to sort out the beautiful, protected trees in my back garden.

However, since I have to pay for tree surgeons twice a year, I cannot afford a downstairs maid.............

MmeLindt Tue 09-Nov-10 11:58:40

Damn. Have to go back down the road then.

Hmm. Could take the dog for a walk later.

We actually have two sets of tree surgeons in our village today.

GrimmaTheNome Tue 09-Nov-10 12:07:47

We had to have a tree down when DD was a few months old. In the summer, which obviously is the ideal time, as kreecher hints. They were running a noisy woodchipper continuously and this miraculously did what nothing else could - lulled my small insomniac to sleep for hours!

Bliss grin

TheMoreItSnows Tue 09-Nov-10 12:16:42

I have my own - quite lovely BUT he comes home covered in sawdust and scatters it all round the house - novelty wears off with all the hoovering.... Can't beat the physique though...

MiraArte Tue 09-Nov-10 12:25:43

Message withdrawn

MmeLindt Tue 09-Nov-10 12:26:35

Themoreitsnows
Ooh, I am rather jealous. Working in Finance sadly does nothing for the physique.

nubbins Tue 09-Nov-10 12:27:09

lol, I have my own too, and ditto the sawdust! Not to mention the mud in the winter.

Anyhow, go offer them tea and cake and ask them to pose for pics!

and for the rest of you after treesurgeons to perve over arbtalk.co.uk/forum/picture-forum/12225-lunge-thre ad-3.html and check out the pics on their thread! page three especially wink

p.s. not done links before hope it works!

MiraArte Tue 09-Nov-10 12:27:59

Message withdrawn

MmeLindt Tue 09-Nov-10 12:30:28

nubbins
Oh My God.

Better go and take DS back to school and have another perv

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: