Talk

Advanced search

...in being disturbed by scale in The Night Garden?

(18 Posts)
TiggyD Tue 09-Nov-10 11:21:31

I've just seen Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy cross the little bridge in The Night Garden and they must have been nearly twice the hight of it. They then get in the purple compartment of the Ninky Nonk which looks about 4 times their height. The Ninky Nonk then crosses the bridge and is a quarter the size of it!!!??? I must say it's ruined the programme for me. The BBC wouldn't get stuff that badly wrong on one of their flagship dramas would they!?

badfairy Tue 09-Nov-10 11:23:09

dreadful isn't it ! wink

TattyDevine Tue 09-Nov-10 11:24:31

But imagine how big Iggle Piggle's willy must feel...

bumpybecky Tue 09-Nov-10 11:25:39

YANBU I had to stop watching as the proportions and inconsistency disturbed me so much

Longstocking2 Tue 09-Nov-10 11:28:54

I think you all should have taken more drugs when you were young

grin

Lynli Tue 09-Nov-10 11:31:24

I laughed when a friend DS age 18 months tried to get into a dolls house which was much smaller than he is.

Now I know why they have no spatial awareness.

TiggyD Tue 09-Nov-10 11:36:34

It just doesn't have the gritty realism of the Teletubbies. Everybody gets on so well with each other. I liked the simmering mutual hatred between Dipsy and Tinky Winky.

MrsChemist Tue 09-Nov-10 12:00:55

I don't know Tiggy, I have a feeling the Pontypines and the Wattingers secretly hate one another.

I think it all started when the Pontypines installed the bell in the chimney without asking if the Wattingers were ok with it.

TiggyD Tue 09-Nov-10 12:02:50

And one of the Pontypines looks a bit purple if you know what I mean. wink

MrsChemist Tue 09-Nov-10 12:06:24

I can imagine Mrs Wattinger saying to Mr Wattinger, "Oh no, there's those dreadful Pontypines again. Damn, they've seen us. Wave back to the Pontypines, children. One must be civil with one's neighbours."

EdgarAirbombPoe Tue 09-Nov-10 12:08:05

i think students everwhere probably now watch ITNG in a stoned-out haze instead of Teletubbies

nikki1978 Tue 09-Nov-10 12:08:59

I have always thought that all the characters are very self obsessed. All they ever do is say their own name over and over again grin

EdgarAirbombPoe Tue 09-Nov-10 12:12:29

see [http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonab le/851431-to-want-to-report-Mr-amp-Mrs-Pontipine-t o-Social this thread]] for further discussion of the issues raised here.

flamingpants Tue 09-Nov-10 12:12:35

My husband has always thought that OCD Maka Paka is saying mother fucker when saying his own name...listen and you will hear.

Never fails to bring a smile to my face.

EdgarAirbombPoe Tue 09-Nov-10 12:13:12

this thread

MrsChemist Tue 09-Nov-10 12:19:04

I feel it's quite sinister that Makka Pakka is the sub-servient, tit headed cave dweller, who washes all the others because they are too lazy and decadent to wash their own faces.

He even has to sit on his own table on the Pinky Ponk.

Squitten Tue 09-Nov-10 12:24:39

Poor Makka Pakka also has a nasty case of hemorrhoids that nobody there seem to care about...

Longstocking2 Wed 10-Nov-10 09:02:22

the worst thing was seeing an interview with the acTOR who plays Iggle Piggle. He spoke of his sweaty costume...

He just trashed the magic for me b*****d!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: