Talk

Advanced search

to attend a spiritual retreat?

(4 Posts)
NordicPrincess Mon 08-Nov-10 13:51:43

I want to find my way back to god and so am considering going on a spiritual retreat maybe in India or somewhere. I was quite excited by the proram on tv about silence, as i have experienced something previously similar to this. I cant go for long as I have 2 small children. My aunty and her friends attended some monestry in india where you pay via labour for the monestry, she want for 3 weeks and is still there a year later!

Have you been to one, was it any good? would you reccomend it?

Thanks

sailorsgal Mon 08-Nov-10 14:14:52

I've been on yoga retreats before and really enjoyed them. Its great just to get away for a week or two.

if you have never been on the kind of retreat you have mentioned, remember the food and accommodation can be pretty basic. Could be a bit of a shock if you are not used to it.

YANBU to want to go though.

sailorsgal Mon 08-Nov-10 14:21:52

www.dhamma.org I have friends who have done the 10 day retreat here.

triplemummy Mon 08-Nov-10 14:51:45

I have been on a few, there are many here in the Uk. You don't need to go to India to find God, especially if you are short on time! In the Big Silence, they seemed to conclude that you need to reconnect with God through reconnecting with your soul in the quietness. There are many Christian retreat centres, even ones which have basic spa facilities! URNBU in fact this is probably one of the most reasonable and rational desires any of us have.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: