Talk

Advanced search

How long did you have to wait for a council house once you have enough points??

(8 Posts)
becks130 Mon 08-Nov-10 11:03:04

After 5 years I have finally got enough points to be housed through the council, now it's just a waiting game. I live in Richmond upon thames borough does anyone know how long I can expect to wait for a 3 bed?

Thanks

ForMashGetSmash Mon 08-Nov-10 11:03:54

5 years on the list and counting. I am in Cheshire.

GypsyMoth Mon 08-Nov-10 11:05:08

is it banding or bidding system?

what did the letter say that told you about your points?

becks130 Mon 08-Nov-10 11:20:55

It's not a bidding system in my borough just points system. My housing officer has told me that my application has now been activated (also had a letter to confirm this)and now it's just a case of waiting for something to come up, just wanting to find out how long people had waited for something to come up. My housing officer has also said that I have a nice amount of points for a 3 bed and my points go up each months as the basis for this move is based on medical and welfare grounds as my current accomadation is not suitable for my children.

GypsyMoth Mon 08-Nov-10 11:23:50

i was in a hostel waiting...for a year....for housing association.

then i got 3 offers!!! i was officially homeless tho at that point. one offer was withdrawn and offered to other girl in my hostel,so i was left with choice of 2.....town or country,i regrettably chose country,but wish i hadnt now!

superv1xen Mon 08-Nov-10 11:27:44

about 2 weeks but mine was housing association. think it depends where you live. hope it happens very very soon for you.x

APixieInMyTea Mon 08-Nov-10 11:45:17

We where homeless and waited about 5months to be housed but ours is a bidding system through housing association.

becks130 Mon 08-Nov-10 15:35:33

Thank you for all your replies, fingers crossed I won't be waiting too long.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: