Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up of newbie's flouncing about?

(91 Posts)
Hedgeblunder Sun 07-Nov-10 14:21:08

Seriously.
Aibu is for honest opinions, if you would like varying honest opinions on your predicament please do post.
but I'm getting fucking fed up of threads of people being (for the majority) unreasonable and whining on about it, then having a hissy fit and declaring they are leaving forever.
Get this-I couldn't give a flying fuck!
Grow a thicker skin, consider the advice you've recieved, and move on.

southeastastra Sun 07-Nov-10 14:22:28

aibu is incredibly bitchy in the extreme though, didn't think it was set up to be so vitriolic

DooinMeCleanin Sun 07-Nov-10 14:24:05

I find it very amusing.

"AIBU to hate and despise my sister and want my mum to throw her out onto the street"
"YABU. She's your sister"
"How every dare you. You know nothing about me and my situation. How dare you judge me. How was I meant to feel when she shagged my husband and had his baby? I'm leaving this site you're all itches"

JoBettany Sun 07-Nov-10 14:24:33

What does that have to do with being a newbie?

Hedgeblunder Sun 07-Nov-10 14:24:36

I don't think it is- it depends of your subject area of course but I've recieved quite alot of support

ChippingIn Sun 07-Nov-10 14:26:21

YANBU

If you don't want to be told YABU then don't ask IF YABU - bugger off over to chat for a whinge and moan!

MmeLindt Sun 07-Nov-10 14:27:34

No idea which thread you are referring to, but it was ever so on MN.

The warning at the top of AIBU has changed though. Maybe we should have a Fight Club Topic.

"Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any."

southeastastra Sun 07-Nov-10 14:28:20

yes rename it fight club grin

Honeydragon Sun 07-Nov-10 14:28:50

I think it helps if you lurk a bit on mumsnet - you then realise its more tongue in cheek than perhaps you might be used too. It saves then stropping around and making personal, unpleasant attacks eh?

I assume that's what prompted this thread? People wading in with the abuse before getting a feel for the place?

agedknees Sun 07-Nov-10 14:29:10

What have I missed?

MaddonaldsMum Sun 07-Nov-10 14:29:25

I dont even recognise the name of the OP
are you new??
who are you?

Hedgeblunder Sun 07-Nov-10 14:33:00

Lol macdonaldsmum!

You do need to get a feel for different posters-
people like tethersend, anyfucker, 2shoes..
You really do have to take them with a pinch of salt,
honeydragon is dead right!

OneTwoBuckleMyShoe Sun 07-Nov-10 18:47:02

This is exactly why I lurked for a LONG time before posting, you must always gather intel on the enemy grin

stepmumtoone Sun 07-Nov-10 18:55:38

I didn't know anything about mumsnet the first night i posted in AIBU, you lot were lovely!

TrillianAstra Sun 07-Nov-10 19:11:02

Yes who are you? Are you a newbie?

I think you must be as anyone who had hung around on MN for a bit would know that there is no apostrophe: more than one newbie = newbies not newbie's.

Anyway, there are plenty of 'oldies' who flounce about and declare that they are leaving forever and MN has changed and people would never have been that bitchy back in their day. Sometimes they even dereg and can't use their old names. How is that any better than 'newbies' flouncing about?

scottishmummy Sun 07-Nov-10 19:15:42

recent aibu started off as y'all vile itches and im going to tell you why i hate mn.well after an initial pasting the op continued posting.took it all well and all ended very cordially

BollocksToThis Sun 07-Nov-10 19:24:45

I'm with you on that Trillian. Much more irritating to hear about how it's all changed (that one comes up every few months it seems and makes me want to say "just fuck off to moldies then ... Oh sorry, were you not popular enough?" grin) than seeing people who'll not even be missed flounce off as if we're going to be devastated by the loss, which is just amusing.

ForMashGetSmash Sun 07-Nov-10 19:33:38

I think people think it's going to be like when you ask your mates opinions on something..and they stroke you and nod and say Mmm....of COURSE you're right!

And then they get upset when they don't get what they expected.

SleepingLion Sun 07-Nov-10 19:35:26

I love the idea of a MN Fight Club. Or perhaps a MN: Beyond Thunderdome - '463 posters enter. One poster leaves.'

Unrulysun Sun 07-Nov-10 19:42:37

Once you've started a thread moaning about 'newbies' isn't it just one short step to deciding that 'Viz isn't as funny as it used to be' and then to gathering up all your mates and flouncing off to your own website?

Don't worry too much about letting us have the URL.

sarah293 Sun 07-Nov-10 19:46:21

Message withdrawn

WannabeNigella Sun 07-Nov-10 19:55:35

I think people are more than happy to be told they ABU in AIBU. I think what people object to is the fact there are a consistent group of posters out there who hide behind their screens name calling and being unnecessarily abusive.

BangingNoise Sun 07-Nov-10 20:00:45

I love AIBU.

classydiva Sun 07-Nov-10 20:02:15

What is AIBU?

BangingNoise Sun 07-Nov-10 20:03:45

Am I Being Unreasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now