Talk

Advanced search

To think these are boakworthy?

(50 Posts)
TheSkiingGardener Sun 07-Nov-10 07:39:13

these

Had a man run past me in them on the way to college yesterday. Put me right off my coffee.

Faaamily Sun 07-Nov-10 07:47:59

They really are vile.

gorionine Sun 07-Nov-10 07:50:30

I like themgrin

TattyDevine Sun 07-Nov-10 07:50:37

They are for indoor use, how bizarre.

TheSkiingGardener Sun 07-Nov-10 07:55:07

I saw that Tatty. Is the idea that yoga mats are just too yucky for feet to touch?

The man yesterday looked like he was out for a long morning run though. Guess he gets through a lot of pairs.

Rocketbird Sun 07-Nov-10 07:58:06

Vile vile and sinister looking. And £125!!! Mad.

TheChewyToffeeMum Sun 07-Nov-10 08:04:22

They are also used by people doing "Barefoot Running". The idea is that they protect the feet without preventing you from feeling the road like normal trainers. It is supposed to prevent injury. I have not tried them myself but they certainly look dorky.

GeraldineAubergine Sun 07-Nov-10 08:07:09

I think they look great I'd love a pair.

AbFabT Sun 07-Nov-10 08:07:48

I've got a pair (kso version, black). They are brilliant. I wore them mostly when we were on honeymoon doing water-related activities - scrambling through rivers, kayaking, trekking etc. Better than trainers or flip flops for such things. And if I didn't have my own Yoga mat, I'd wear them for Yoga. They're really good for feeling more connected to the earth.

TheSkiingGardener Sun 07-Nov-10 08:47:45

I have water shoes, but I think its the separate toe element of these that makes me think yuk.

Sounds like it's a marmite issue then.

FellatioNelson Sun 07-Nov-10 09:01:28

They look a bit perverted. Horrible. What are they for exactly? Why?

FellatioNelson Sun 07-Nov-10 09:02:09

I bet they are a bugger to get the fit right as well - some people have freakishly long toes. Or very short stubby ones.

SecretNutellaFix Sun 07-Nov-10 09:02:42

they look like foot condoms.

FortiesCromarty Sun 07-Nov-10 09:06:41

I know someone who wears these all the time. I feel sick whenever I look at them, like hobbit feet but worse. I don't have any problem with normal freaky feet.

FellatioNelson Sun 07-Nov-10 09:11:20

I can't imagine they are comfortable either - too bulky between the toes which can be really uite painful, like those toe separator things for pedicures.

pointydog Sun 07-Nov-10 09:23:46

Har! They are funny.

pointydog Sun 07-Nov-10 09:25:03

I'd've got them as a christmas present for bil but they are £130

SprocketRocket Sun 07-Nov-10 09:29:56

Bleugh

grin Nutella, foot condoms!

I wouldn't be able to wear them due to my freakishly long alien toes. My second toe is longer than my first as well.

<<shuffles away to join the circus>>

Indith Sun 07-Nov-10 09:37:00

They are fab. A friend who does a stupid amount of running has some. I love being barefoot, am slowly attempting ot get back into exercise and running a the moment, wish I could afford them!

stealthpony Sun 07-Nov-10 10:20:01

Do they do a special bunion version??

gapbear Sun 07-Nov-10 11:52:09

One of the mums at school has a bright pink pair. I feel like a man trying to avoid talking to boobs if I am having a conversation with her - "Maintain eye contact! Eye contact!" Hideous things.

ullainga Sun 07-Nov-10 12:40:27

both me and DH have a pair and love them. Yes they look odd and sure we get some funny looks, but running with them is a totally different experience and it has done wonders with my heel-strike running style (and most people tend to heel-strike in normal running shoes). I also use them for other fitness classes, they are excellent. I would not wear them for anything else than sports though, would be a waste too, at that price.

TheSkiingGardener Sun 07-Nov-10 17:49:25

gapbear she wears them out and about! Eek! I was coming round to the idea as exercise shoes but not normal shoes. Does she go to Sainsburys in them?

Ilythia Sun 07-Nov-10 17:55:43

My brother has some, he uses them for running and looking like a nobber stuff.

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 07-Nov-10 17:59:21

<shudder>

They're just wrong...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now