Talk

Advanced search

To want my friend to go ahead and dump her boyfriend?

(10 Posts)
SpankingNew Sat 06-Nov-10 22:47:41

She is dragging it out because he has a lot going on, but if it's not one thing, it's another. He is sucking the life out of her.

I know it's none of my business, but I just want to shake her till her teeth rattle!

There are no answers really, are there?

BitOfFun Sat 06-Nov-10 22:49:46

YANBU. I have a friend that I dearly want to see back to herself, but you can't do a thing.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 06-Nov-10 22:51:38

That depends, are you the poisonous bitch who's interfering in my DS's love life? angry

(Sorry, I'm sure you're not. Just a bit sensitive atm. Ignore that.)

What's so bad about him?

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 06-Nov-10 22:51:48

BoF, same one?

BitOfFun Sat 06-Nov-10 22:54:13

It's a difficult situation when you want to just steam in and do it for them. But whaddyagunnadoo? <shrugs>

bellavita Sat 06-Nov-10 22:57:54

SpankingNew, I wonder if your friend is my friend sad

I want to shake her too. I even offered to do it for her...

MumblingClothDoll Sat 06-Nov-10 22:58:07

Well you know...I felt like this not that long ago...my best frinds other half was a total HORROR....in many ways.

I was desperate for her to get rid of him and get someone who was as good as her. Then her other half bega to change..he is now, two years later a totally different man..and she is very happy and they are married with a beatiful baby. When I think she might have dumped him...well I can'timagine it now!

SpankingNew Sat 06-Nov-10 23:02:35

Aww, that's lovely, Mumbling. I doubt it's going to happen with my mate though- but who knows? smile

Maybe I should tell her your story?

I have a feeling she would run screaming from the building though grin

MumblingClothDoll Sun 07-Nov-10 08:19:17

My friends guy used to get smashed every weekend and dissapear...he also would moan if SHE went anywhere...he never did anything in the house and used to start arguments with her when he was drunk...really bad shouty ones. He repeatedly lost jobs and never had any money.

She left him and came to London....and that woke him up...he put up with her leaving him but he was quietly working on himself....they got back together a year later...so I suppose leaving her fella is possibly the best thing your mate could do...it might make her fella change...and if not well then she's well rid!

Lizzylou Sun 07-Nov-10 09:01:14

It is just so tricky isn't it?

You can't dump him for her, mores the pity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now