Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be a people pleaser

(4 Posts)
lindaloopyloo Fri 17-Sep-10 20:49:12

recently a group of women I know from school all had a falling out over some pta issue. It got really bitchy with nasty emails flying all over the place. It ended up dividing into 2 camps. I really was interested in their argument and ended up on on the sidelines btn 2 camps. I just didn't feel motivated enough to get worked up about what they were arguing about although I did offer support to some of my friends who were on one side. I just don't want to seen as someone who sits on the fence and is anxious to please everyone. I'm not afraid of confrontation and in the past have ended up losing friends because I was so easily drawn into arguments. AIBU to just want to want everyone to calm down, get along and stop arguing. I don't want to take sides. Anyway feeling a bit insecure and paranoid about people saying I'm a people pleaser.

HinnyPet Fri 17-Sep-10 20:52:04

Oh hello, are you me??
Totally know where you're coming from. The best thing to do, IMHO, is to be pals with everyone and just do not bitch, or tell tales.

fedupofnamechanging Fri 17-Sep-10 20:54:25

I think that all you can do is be true to yourself. Whatever you did or didn't do in this situation would have pissed someone off, so you might as well do the right thing for you. What kind of pta issue can get people that worked up? If anyone says anything to you, just tell them that you simply didn't feel strongly enough about it to argue with people. They sound like they would make bitchy remarks no matter what, so don't see what you could have done differently

BAFE Fri 17-Sep-10 20:54:29

Just be yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now