Talk

Advanced search

to think that I must be able to do something right

(12 Posts)
xstitch Sun 22-Aug-10 11:26:09

at least occaisionally. Or am I just the pathetic ignorant, shit-faced, pathetic, fuck-witted waste of space that everyone else thinks I am. The world would be a better place if I was dead.

Doigthebountyeater Sun 22-Aug-10 11:27:45

What's wrong xstitch?

CatButler Sun 22-Aug-10 11:32:25

Hey, that sounds like someone has been really out of order with you. The world would NOT be a better place without you!!!

What happened?

Squitten Sun 22-Aug-10 11:35:02

What in the world would make you think that???

xstitch Sun 22-Aug-10 11:37:08

I asked my mum if she knew where something was and instead of just saying no she launched into I tirade at me. Said I did nothing, I was hanging up the ironed stuff in the wardrobe. Then she started swearing at me because it was my fault she couldn't find the phone. It was on the cradle .

dd asked for sweets, I said no, so she went and pestered Nanny who is now shouting at me for being too lazy to get them myself. I said NO not for her to get them.

I then bit her head off saying it not my fault you are making work for yourself so now she is crying her eyes out about how I ruined her life by being born.

compo Sun 22-Aug-10 11:38:43

Do you live with her? Sounds like you need to move out

xstitch Sun 22-Aug-10 11:39:49

Oh yeh and the reason I didn't answer the phone was I was sitting on the toilet.

maxpower Sun 22-Aug-10 11:51:59

This isn't a problem with you, it's your mother's issue by the sound of it.

Marjee Sun 22-Aug-10 11:56:54

Does your mum normally talk to you like that shock ? I suspect theres a lot more to this ....

lazarusb Sun 22-Aug-10 16:49:06

Jeez... Sounds like your mum has issues! This is her problem, you do NOT deserve to be spoken to like that by any means and she shouldn't be overriding you as a parent.
Has she always been like this? (Sending you a hug).

atswimtwolengths Sun 22-Aug-10 17:10:11

If you live with your mum, start to look at moving out as soon as possible. If she's just visiting, tell her to go home until she's got some manners.

It sounds as though she is giving you a lot of stress and very low self-esteem - put as much space as possible between you.

And perhaps have a set time/day when your daughter can have sweets? It stops her mithering the life out of you and also going behind your back to wheedle them out of your mum!

Emo76 Sun 22-Aug-10 18:10:53

Good grief - totally agree with other posts - your mum clearly has HUGE issues. This is NOT your fault.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: