Talk

Advanced search

to think its irresponsible for my OH to leave our 2 yr old downstairs on his own?

(692 Posts)
YummyMummy1208 Thu 05-Aug-10 09:47:10

Argh!

I'm so angry with him rite now and generally since our little boy was born cos he just has no clue how to watch him properly but if i ever have a go at him its 'oh shes off again...' and switches off.

Is this just a general 'men' thing??

Thismorning is a prime example, hes been taking over morning duties of late due to me being 7 month pregnant so thismorning he takes DS1 downstairs and then i can hear him saying 'So r u gonna stay downstairs and be a good boy while Daddy has a shower?' now forgive me if im being unreasonable but surely im not the only one here thinking you dont leave a 2.5 yr old downstairs - on his own - while u go upstairs to have a shower??

Whats everyones opinion on this one - Am i being unreasonable to have a go at OH??

Jamiefraserskilt Mon 08-Apr-19 22:31:53

I popped mine in their rooms and shut the door gate, leaving the bathroom door open so I could sing, talk to them or whatever. Depends on the child but mine were climbers so never left them downstairs alone.

morefoolyou Mon 08-Apr-19 22:15:54

Most bonkers thread ever

bugsyburge Tue 05-Mar-13 23:18:36

Never going to get those 2 hours of my life back...was worth it though!!!!

MmeLindor Tue 05-Mar-13 22:42:38

Read the thread, folks. READ THE THREAD

mynewpassion Tue 05-Mar-13 22:40:38

I think this is the same poster who wouldn't give her neighbor a nappy when asked.

idshagphilspencer Tue 05-Mar-13 22:29:58

Why????????

woopsidaisy Tue 05-Mar-13 22:28:19

Groan...is it REALLY worth it? I'll be up lots bf DS3.

MmeLindor Tue 05-Mar-13 21:19:57

bumping just cause I can

Tallgiraffe Tue 13-Nov-12 13:19:30

Oh wow, thank you for bumping this. Have just read the whole thread and it has massively improved my day after a morning of refluxy baby. Wonder if they're still together? And where they're living grin

jumpingjackhash Tue 13-Nov-12 12:32:45

I've just found this thread thanks to MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember and it's the best hour I've spent in the office for some time (should be doing something work-related rather than trying not to snigger at MN blush).

Do we think the OP has made it to Canada now?

Total classic.

LadyBeagle Tue 13-Nov-12 10:59:02

Thanks for bumping this.
What a joy it was.
I wonder where the OP is now.

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Tue 13-Nov-12 10:54:20

Now this is one zombie thread I've really enjoyed grin

So many highlights but one that made me howl was 'if your going to critisise my grammar get it rite' grin

I wonder if the op is still a nightmare around

oldnewmummy Tue 13-Nov-12 10:23:00

I wonder how they're finding life in Canada ......

AngelWreakinHavoc Tue 13-Nov-12 10:01:32

Bonkers! I have just spent over an hour reading this and should be working grin

Mylittlepuds Tue 13-Nov-12 09:45:36

Totally depends on house and child.

podgymumma Tue 13-Nov-12 09:18:17

YABU I do it every day.

exoticfruits Tue 13-Nov-12 08:13:47

I had forgotten this thread! The main point is that the father is an equal parent and OP isn't the senior parent who has to be referred to see what she thinks. I used to leave my 2.5yr old to have a shower- I was a single parent.

pingu2209 Tue 13-Nov-12 08:07:00

By the way, as a warning, my friend was just like this to the partner of her twins and he ended up leaving as not coming back as my friend's neurotic behaviour pushed him away. Just saying!

pingu2209 Tue 13-Nov-12 08:05:49

Surely your house is now todler proof, you have had 2.5 years to make it so.

On the basis you have a 'safe house', of course it is okay to leave your 2.5 year old downstairs whilst you or dh take a shower.

You can't be stood next to your child at all moments of their life. What do you do when you need the loo?

Walkacrossthesand Tue 13-Nov-12 07:56:14

Marking my place to come back later when I have more time...

MrRected Tue 13-Nov-12 00:48:37

How big is your house OP?

If your DH pisses off to the East Wing and leaves little johnny in the drawing room with an open fire and access to the lake, then perhaps YANBU.

If, you are like most of us, living in a 2/3 bed semi and little johnny is less than 20 linear metres away from the shower/bathroom, then I think you are being neurotic and I feel sad for your partner.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 13-Nov-12 00:46:59

I would just like to say that as soon as I get my bloody application in for citizenship I WILL BE A CANADIAN. Doesn't flow, does it?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 13-Nov-12 00:39:49

Is it nearly SGM's birthday already?

Can we get a maple leaf on the logo in her honour? If Tech have time to grow moustaches, that shouldn't be too much trouble.

OTS Tue 13-Nov-12 00:33:28

Hmm teach me not to read the whole thread... Or read the date that it was started! blush

OTS Tue 13-Nov-12 00:32:02

The only thing I have to say on this (and I haven't read the whole thread) is that I'm 24, and don't use text speak when I'm typing. You say thats the way we grew up typing... Yes we did, and that was fine when we were 15. It's not fine at 24, and not all 24 year olds type that way!

By the way, YABU!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »