(27 Posts)
zukiecat Sun 01-Aug-10 16:40:23

Message withdrawn

zapostrophe Sun 01-Aug-10 16:52:46

Message withdrawn

zukiecat Sun 01-Aug-10 17:10:00

Message withdrawn

hairytriangle Sun 01-Aug-10 18:20:24

That is a very very unhealthy diet and I'd be surprised if they don't feel like shit. However I don't think there's anything you can do.

sapphireblue Sun 01-Aug-10 18:25:06

YANBU to think it's horribly unhealthy. Not a lot you can do about it though I don't suppose.........have you tried taling to your sis about her diet etc?

zukiecat Sun 01-Aug-10 19:47:50

Message withdrawn

mrspear Sun 01-Aug-10 19:49:22

Sounds like depression to me - not that i am expert.

Not sure where you can go with this ...

Colliecross Sun 01-Aug-10 19:54:41

My friend's son is living proof that a boy can grow to 6'2" on a small amount of milk and toast (white) and marmite for every meal.
I mean every meal every day including Christmas dinner.
No fruit, veg, meat, fish, fibre of any sort. None whatsoever, though orangy vitamin tablet was forced down in childhood.
It's amazing what people can live on.

EmmaKateWH Sun 01-Aug-10 20:00:49

colliecross - just because he has grown to 6"2 doesn't mean he is healthy!

Colliecross Sun 01-Aug-10 20:21:29

No, he is spotty, but I can't understand how he is alive at all.

EmmaKateWH Sun 01-Aug-10 22:06:43

Given that the link between diet and many forms of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and numerous other hideous diseases is now well established and widely known, anyone who feeds their kids the stuff the OP describes should be ashamed of themselves! Surely your sister isn't ignorant of the health consequences of feeding her children such a poor diet? If she genuinely doesn't know, then you should explain it to her. If she does know, and just doesn't care, then that is horrifying, but there isn't really anything you can do about it.

tethersend Sun 01-Aug-10 22:18:45

zukie, you have some very odd friends...

...does she have a flatscreen TV? grin

zukiecat Mon 02-Aug-10 11:20:05

Message withdrawn

Colliecross Mon 02-Aug-10 11:36:03

Puzzled at flatscreen too.

Chil1234 Mon 02-Aug-10 11:37:49

She'd have to be a bit thick to not understand that living on doughnuts, crisps and takeaways is a less than healthy diet. Even if you don't tell her, it's just basic commonsense. But it takes many years of eating crap like that 24/7 before people start to see serious health problems which is probably why they carry on. Mind you, if she ever complains of indigestion, constipation, poor skin, heavy periods, bad moods etc.... do feel free to say 'I told you so'

I'd be much more offended that they refused to eat the meals you were offering. Very rude.

Chil1234 Mon 02-Aug-10 11:38:50

(Flatscreen is a 'typical chav' reference, I think.... crappy diet, flat screen, agressive dog, hair scraped into ponytail on top of head....etc.)

zukiecat Mon 02-Aug-10 11:44:58

Message withdrawn

Chil1234 Mon 02-Aug-10 11:53:52

Your neice won't 'like' good food if she has never been offered it, unfortunately. And, since eating habits are established in childhood, it's a real shame and it's how so many poor children end up fat and malnourished. I think it's appalling that your sister not only turned up her nose but didn't encourage her daughter to try your cooking either. Height of bad manners!! All you can do is look after your own immediate family. There's nothing you can realistically do about anyone else's.

zukiecat Mon 02-Aug-10 12:04:47

Message withdrawn

compo Mon 02-Aug-10 12:51:27

Someone will be asking if she's a single mum living in a council house next

tethersend Mon 02-Aug-10 14:13:57

The 'flatscreen' was in reference to another of zukie's threads where she wanted to shop a friend for (possible) benefit fraud, evidenced by (amongst other things) a brand new flatscreen TV. zukie wasn't very nice about her. I wondered if it was the same friend- missed the sister bit.

Bad form of me to reference another thread though.

minipie Mon 02-Aug-10 14:27:21

Not much you can do about their diet when they are in their own home.

But when they're in your house, I'd be inclined to insist that they at least try the food I'd cooked. Very rude not to (leaving aside the health impact).

No wonder she's tired if she gets no real nutrients and lives off sugar and starch.

crazystace Wed 01-Dec-10 10:07:18

I think you need to banish this stuff from the house if they're staying with you and won't even try your food. My son was a fussy eater but he used to get his dinner and if he didn't eat it there was no pudding, no snacks and nothing else. I found that once I stopped fussing about it he realised dinner was dinner and he'd have to eat at least something if he was hungry.

MumNWLondon Wed 01-Dec-10 10:09:52

Nothing you can do about it when they are not in your house (can you speak to your mum or your sister's DP about it?) but if she comes to stay again you can say that in your house the rules are that they eat the meals you cook and no treats (including takeaways etc) unless they eat the proper food.

BooBooGlass Wed 01-Dec-10 10:14:08

ignore this thread. Crazystace is workign for Celebrity Slim and is obviously searching for any old thread with 'diet' int eh title in order to bump them up. Amateur.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: