Talk

Advanced search

Several times i've suspected parcelforce of just putting the card through the door without even bringing the parcel, but this is just taking the absolute piss!!!!

(56 Posts)
trixymalixy Thu 15-Jul-10 11:29:29

No attempt whatsoever to deliver the parcel.

They POSTED the card in an envelope to us to say the parcel was waiting for us to collect at the Post Office. Posted as in not through the door, but in the mail.

I've had to go down and collect what turned out to be a really heavy parcel with the baby in the pram and struggle with it back to the car as the post office in on the main street and not easy to park near.

i am absolutely raging!!!!!

TheArmadillo Thu 15-Jul-10 11:32:21

YANBU

I wonder how much they were paid to deliver that parcel.

I would
a) complain to parcelforce
and
b) warn the sender what they have been paying for.

Dropdeadfred Thu 15-Jul-10 11:32:37

did you ask them at the PO why they didn t deliver?

bamboobutton Thu 15-Jul-10 11:33:05

that is apalling!!

i hope you are demanding your postage costs back?

trixymalixy Thu 15-Jul-10 11:35:00

The Post Office just said it was nothng to do with them and they were fed up with being landed with lots of parcels, when they have limited space.

I am going to complain, the card had a tracking number and the "driver's" initials and route number on it.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Thu 15-Jul-10 11:35:13

They do this here too. Ive waited in specifically, and not heard the door knocker or doorbell! Even the dogs havent barked, then, when I go to go out, there is the card on the floor! GRRR!

InWithTheITCrowd Thu 15-Jul-10 11:36:52

I had a similar thing just this morning - I was in the back garden and saw the parcel force man come down the drive - without a parcel - and post a “you were out” card through my door. I shouted to him that I was in, and he said “Oh, you can’t have heard me knock” and then went back to the van to get my parcel out to deliver to me! When I signed for it, I asked him why he hadn’t knocked, and he just sort of muttered and walked off. How strange they are! But to send the card through the mail to you is a disgrace - if they want to offer that service, then they should offer it, but not replace the delivery service with a collection one just because it suits!!

FioFio Thu 15-Jul-10 11:38:27

Message withdrawn

debka Thu 15-Jul-10 11:40:24

You should complain to the head office. Here CityLink often deliver to us and yesterday he turned up at 6.30pm and v pissed off- his route has just been TREBLED in size, and he had started work at 6am. It's not necessarily the driver's fault, it's the bloody head office trying to cut back. YADNBU.

Doodleydoo Thu 15-Jul-10 11:40:54

Parcel force aren't the only ones - try DHL - bastards, told me to go and collect which I DID and it wasn't there as they were trying to deliver it - trying to deliver it meant driving near my house where the driver had to wait at some traffic lights - apparently as he was there longer than 3 seconds this meant it was impossible to deliver to me so he turned around and fucked off somewhere else - no parcel, no delivery, no point in going to collect - all written on the card that was put through the door. I did point out that if 2 x large removal vans and a coach load of tourists can get to the pub opposite why the hell couldn't DHL.

It filled me with great pleasure to discover that if he didn't deliver he wouldn't get paid. Still I had to pay for delivery!

Bad luck, feel for you and would write a letter of complaint and bombard them with emails but you will probably discover that you have to phone a premium rate number and hang about for 20 mins whilst they "process" your call. (Which also happened to me re DHL angry)

Tryharder Thu 15-Jul-10 11:41:56

Have long since suspected them of this. My other bug bear is "forgetting" to leave a card so you have no idea that you even have a parcel waiting for you.

Ladyanonymous Thu 15-Jul-10 11:42:29

I have also had royal mail just stick a card through the door without ringing the bell when I have been in.

Sorting office had really weird opening hours too.

Other morning postie rang bell three times with a a parcel though and I was waiting for my OH to come for the weekend and it was his birthday. I wasn't in "suitable attire" to answer the door and hid in the kitchen - postie then walked down the side and stuck parcel through the catflap and saw me through the kitchen window blush.

emptyshell Thu 15-Jul-10 11:44:35

I've had them leave packages on the doorstep (wouldn't have minded that much, this is quite a communally caring street, but it was flipping SATs test admin packages) WHILE I was in and sat right next to the window on the PC!

Also had a postie who'd drop kick packages over the back wall - it's a 7 foot high wall at least (prob 8 foot), while he might have been England's next rugby hope - he didn't ever bother to check if things bounced or not before kicking them over.

EmmalinaC Thu 15-Jul-10 11:50:21

I knew they were bad but that really is rubbish. At work we call them ParcelFarce. grin

InWithTheITCrowd Thu 15-Jul-10 11:50:27

My sorting office, where the parcels are taken if not delivered, are open between 9-12 Mon-Fri
It’s alright while I’m on maternity leave, but I’m buggered when I’m back at work!

mummytime Thu 15-Jul-10 12:01:57

Royal mail never knock or ring, just dump parcels outside, even if they are huge and its the wrong address. Most of the others are okay, but I would ring who sent the parcel to tell them if you have problems. We have had one box go missing for months, we actually got a refund before it got delivered, then the original company couldn't get the delivery company to actually come and collect it and take it back.

pissedrightoff Thu 15-Jul-10 12:41:08

YANBU

I was accused by boss' wife of skiving out of the office as parcel cards had been put through the door during my working hours (work from their home office at the mo)

Now I know, they probably did'nt even ring bell or knock on the door.

ChocHobNob Thu 15-Jul-10 12:43:47

Cheeky so and so's!

Definitely complain, although not sure what will come of it.

Last time I was waiting for a delivery, I heard the van pull up, waited for a knock, instead I heard the letter box go and by the time I got to the front door I saw the van drive off, with my parcel inside and a "sorry you weren't in" card on the mat. They're unbelievable.

Firawla Thu 15-Jul-10 12:48:23

that happened to me too, i found it quite weird they posted the card in an actual envelope with a stamp on it instead of putting through the door :S had to walk all the way back home with it on top of my buggy cos i dont drive.
home delivery network just leave the parcels in my front garden if i am not in, which is quite good
i doubt complaining will make them change their ways but just putting card without ringing the bell etc is so lazy and annoying

WhatShallMyNameBe Thu 15-Jul-10 13:02:32

When a DHL card was put through my letterbox and I had been in all day, I called them up to complain. I was told that they did not have my flat number on the address, and they are not allowed to deliver to flats without the flat number.

I would have understood this in a block of flats, but there are only 2 flats in my building, and I could have easily given them proof of identity if security was an issue. It is just crazy! The reason they didn't have my flat number is because the credit card company only recognise addresses from that automated address finder, and if you look up our address, it doesn't come up as being split into flats. So it is catch 22.

I didn't bother to collect it in the end as the DHL office is (like most sorting offices/courier places) in the most inconvenient location possible, with the most inconvenient opening times.

merrymonsters Thu 15-Jul-10 13:07:12

I was once standing in the hallway when a 'you weren't home' notice came through the letterbox. He definitely didn't knock or ring the bell.

racmac Thu 15-Jul-10 13:07:28

YANBU
Parcelforce left a parcel in my garden - that the dog then ate grin

Thing is i was in so he could have beeped his horn if he had seen the dog and if he hadnt seen the dog then why the hell didnt he come to the front door?

I did get a replacement package but the Co were not impressed and said it wasnt the first time theyd had problems

notquitenormal Thu 15-Jul-10 13:07:29

I've waved at the postie coming up the path only for him to pop a card through the door without knocking hmm

I miss my old postie. He lived a couple of doors away and used to keep the parcels and bring them round after we got home from work.

BigBadMummy Thu 15-Jul-10 13:08:25

They are all as bad as each other, I have several stories of incompetence from various courier companies.

When told on several seperate occasions "oh they visited and must have forgotted to leave a card" I ask them what colour the front door is.

I have been told all sorts of colours, funnily enough they never say "oh we can't remember". They try and guess. Wrong every time.

BaronessBomburst Thu 15-Jul-10 13:11:14

My cousin sent a parcel of baby clothes to my grandma, so she could bring them over to me in Holland. After 3 weeks parcel still hadn't arrived. My grandma lives at 22 Thingy House, Somewhere Road. Decides to do a bit of detective work, and goes to 22 Somewhere Road to see if it's been delivered there. Yes, they did try to deliver it, the lady there (also elderly, no family, the hilight of her week) could remeber it well and had told them it was the wrong address and was for the flats a few doors up, and could even describe the parcel with my cousin's return address on the back. Grandma contacts the post office who deny all knowledge of everything. Parcel eventually turned up four weeks after that, by which time I was in UK anyway. That goodness cousin had bought everything too big because when I finally got it DS had grown into all the clothes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now