Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sudden white "pimples" in tongue

(6 Posts)
Chandra Wed 10-Aug-05 22:14:18

Appologies in advance for the duplicated thread, I have just posted this same question under health but thought of including it here as well considering the amount of allergies he has.

DS was fine and after dinner he started asking to have his mouth cleaned, when I looked at it there were this white lumps, they look like pimples (with white heads) but are located all around his tongue. Is this an allergic reaction?, a virus?. Can't find any reference to it on my health dictionary (the only thing mentioned a bit similar is under measles BUT the pimples in measles are supposed to appear in the lining of the mouth which I'm not sure if it includes the tongue, does it?).

Any clues? help? suggestions?

giraffeski Wed 10-Aug-05 22:15:19

Message withdrawn

LilacLotus Wed 10-Aug-05 22:16:35

could it be oral thrush?

Chandra Wed 10-Aug-05 22:20:10

Doesn't seem like trush to me, it looks like teenage spots (with white heads) but are located at the tongue and the areas around the spots seem fine. He is vaccinated against measles but as far as I know, you still can get it even with the vaccine though you get it in a milder way.
[puzzled emoticon]

tatt Thu 11-Aug-05 06:28:10

sorry, no idea. Haven't heard of it as an allergy but that doesn't mean it couldn't be one. Could they be canker sores? What about hand foot and mouth disese - don't really know about that, just vaguely remember someone mentioning it. Or does impetigo go in the mouth?

If you don't feel it merits a trip to the doctor you could ask your pharmacist. They can be very helpful.

Chandra Thu 11-Aug-05 09:07:52

Thanks Tatt, don't looks like any of those, apparently there's a virus going around that produces simmilar symptoms. The "pimples" disapeared over night, so it may be that the virus acts like that but also can be a reaction (I gave him piriton in case it was an allergy). I guess I will need to add a coulle of things tothe suspected allergens list in case they reapear...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now