Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worried about Rash!!!! Please please share your knowledge.......

(8 Posts)
Eaney Wed 20-Jul-05 12:44:25

I thouht this thread was better placed here.

My 5 mth old dd started out with a rash in her nappy area (in the folds), it then spread to all over her nappy area and consisted of raised pimples that oozed. The rash then spread (about 2 days later) to all over her body.

I thought heat rash but went to doc to be sure. He thought a bad case of nappy rash and a separate allergic rash all over body due to the introduction of solids. He gave me steroid cream for nappy rash with an anti-fungal (just in case) and told me to stop with the solids.
She hasn't got a temp but now has a cough and is sneezing. She is generally ok but is feeding non-stop. Has anyone any experience of this type of thing? The rash is a little better and looks a lot like a heat rash.

Aero Wed 20-Jul-05 12:56:44

No real knowledge, but didn't want to ignore your thread so bumping it up for you. I should just keep up with the treatment though as it seems to be helping and hopefully it'll all be cleared up soon.

Whizzz Wed 20-Jul-05 18:40:35

bump

Twiglett Wed 20-Jul-05 18:44:20

well the gp sounds very sensible to me .. the rash is probably connected to the virus that is giving her cold /cough symptoms .. the extra feeding is a mixture of comfort and need for calories to help fight off the bug

stick with it .. she'll be fine

tatt Thu 21-Jul-05 10:05:14

what food had she had? Did the gp suggest antihistamine (they sometimes prescribe it under 1 although it may not say safe on OTC stuff)? I wouldn't panic about allergies yet, it could just be the heat. Still won't do any harm to wean carefully and with a bottle of antihistamine handy.

koalabear Thu 21-Jul-05 10:11:54

chicken pox?

bobbybob Fri 22-Jul-05 06:24:34

Which solids had you introduced Eaney?

jabberwocky Fri 22-Jul-05 06:28:38

DS has gotten a rash all over his torso at least 2 or 3 times. The dr. said in all cases that it was virus related and it did go away after several days. I was a bit concerned, but nothing else happened and he was fine after a bit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: