Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema - which children's shampoo do you use?

(22 Posts)
fee77 Sat 16-Jul-05 16:18:33

DD 21mths has eczema, and we have been using aqueous cream to wash her, and her hair, but it makes her hair look greasy for a day or two after washing. I just wondered if anyone could recommend something else.

marne Sat 16-Jul-05 16:24:05

We use the simple body wash, seems to be the only thing that doesnt bring dds eczema up. Think you can get it in tescos and boots.

LexB Sat 16-Jul-05 19:27:42

We just started using infaderm for ds which is a shampoo especially for eczema and supported by the eczema society. i got it in Boots. His hair is lovely and fluffy again now after being lank for so long only getting washed in oilatum water. However I did notice that the next day after using it he was scratching his head a bit so am only going to use it once/twice a week and monitor carefully. Good luck.

fishfinger Sat 16-Jul-05 19:28:08

greta tips here

LexB Sat 16-Jul-05 19:51:18

Actually, correction: Infaderm supports the national eczema society, not the other way around. Guess that's an important difference

bobbybob Sat 16-Jul-05 20:26:19

Just water here, and ds seems to be okay - but then he doesn't have long hair.

Blondeinlondon Mon 18-Jul-05 16:07:34

Boots do a baby dry scalp shampoo which is okay

Lio Mon 18-Jul-05 16:11:17

We use Elena's Nature Collection Trinity thing - lather it on, leave it while playing/washing then rinse off. We don't wash ds's hair v often, maybe once a week. Fine balance between not wanting to make it worse and not wanting it to get all scaly through not being washed.

tiffini Mon 18-Jul-05 16:15:29

Simple baby shampoo, is brilliant.
shop around for it though, in Lloyds chemist it is £3.50
in savers it is £1.25

No greasiness, just beautifull fluffy hair[smile

Simple baby also make
Baby bath
Baby wash
baby lotion.

I have had no problems with my twins excema since I found this product.

tiffini Mon 18-Jul-05 16:17:35

simple baby

marie1979 Wed 14-Jan-09 19:12:13

i use infaderm shampoo from boots which is £4.95 from boots, oilatum which you can get on perscription off your doctor or you can buy it, and doublebase to wash him in.

marie1979 Wed 14-Jan-09 19:14:04

oh and i have found that getting a compress for that slighly older children helps my son at night when over heating.

NattyPlus2andAHalf Wed 14-Jan-09 19:15:29

we use simple baby, sometimes we use simple adults shampoo if i run out, you can get simple baby products in poundland btw.. usually the shampoo and the bath, sometimes the lotion and the wash.
everything else i tried made my DD long hair greasy, or made her skin blotchy.

NattyPlus2andAHalf Wed 14-Jan-09 19:21:05

http://www.exederm.com/ these look good, i might buy some if they ship to uk.
try googling eczema bath products

TheOldestCat Wed 14-Jan-09 19:22:23

Halos & Horns works for DD - it doesn't have any sodium lauryl sulphate, which we think sets her skin off. I've only seen it in Morrisons, though - have you got one nearby?

TheOldestCat Wed 14-Jan-09 19:23:28

Oh and E45 oil in the bath. DD's eczema is mild though, so not sure this would work for all.

Isaidno Wed 14-Jan-09 19:24:14

try halos and horns ; they have np sls etc. www.halosnhorns.co.uk/ you can get it in boots / supermarkets

Drusilla Wed 14-Jan-09 19:27:08

Try using no shampoo, they don;t actually need it at that age. DS is 3.7 (with quite long hair) and has lovely shiny hair and we still wash it in plain water now.

fizzbuzz Wed 14-Jan-09 20:18:29

My doctor rcommended an opaque rather than a clear shampoo for dd's eczema on her head

He saidd it didn't matter which one, but did say try and find on without chemicals in it.

As her hir was so dirty that night I washed it in VO5 itchy scalp shampoo which did seem to help.

Now have some organic stuff from local health food shop which I am going to try

fizzbuzz Wed 14-Jan-09 20:22:48

I'm quite interested in this as well.

Does anyone know anything about it?

noonki Wed 14-Jan-09 20:27:31

we use water

Unless been rubbing food in when we use simplebaby

Isaidno Wed 14-Jan-09 22:47:29

fizzbuzz - we actually use t gel (on prescription) cos he gets eczema in his scalp, and we've also used polytar. T gel seems to be making an improvement.
My sister tried the eucerin on her itchy scalp, but to no avail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now